The Band Geek and The Choir Nerd // Chspter Seventeen

Status: Edited

// Ponyboy​'s Point Of View //

I sat there quietly, tears still leaking out of my eyes and down my face as I kept gazing at him. He was still passed out from earlier and it scared me that he hasn't woken up yet, I needed him. I never let go of him once, he stayed in my arms the entire time no matter how much Darry and Soda protested. No matter what, I didn't do anything, I wouldn't talk to anyone, I wouldn't eat, all I did was look at him and mumble to him, hoping he'd wake up soon. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping, he looked younger than he was.

I stroked Johnny's cheek softly and bit my lip, I felt myself start to break down again, my body shook with sobs that threatened to come out. I just let the tears flow more and didn't bother to hide my sobs, laying my head in Johnny's chest. Everything was wrong, I'm losing the person I care about the most because of a person that was supposed to love​ him, you don't beat someone that you love. My heart broke when I saw his dad hit him, I knew I had to do something. So I grabbed the bat and hit him until he passed out, I would've beaten him to death but I don't thinks that'd be good at all.

"P-ponyboy," I heard a soft voice says.

I lift my head up and see Johnny looking at me, my face broke out into a smile. I hugged him closer and he wrapped his arms around me just as tight, he rested his head on my shoulder. He wasn't awake now and that's all that mattered to me at the moment, he means so much to me. He planted a soft kiss against my cheek and rested his head on my shoulder again. I felt my face heat up slightly and I bit my lip harder.

"Ponyboy I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I'd never leave you alone here," Johnny whispered, continuing to say reassuring words into my ear.

"J-johnny I thought you weren't going to wake up. I-i thought that I l-lost you," I whimpered out.

"No, you didn't lose me baby," Johnny mumbles, rubbing shapes into my back.

I heard footsteps but I didn't care to pull away, I stayed there attached to Johnny. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath as my tears stop and my body stops shaking. It felt a lot better to know that he was awake and alright. If he would've died I wouldn't know what to do with myself, I'd go off and die or something​. But he's alright and awake so I don't have to worry so much a out any of this.

"Johnny, j see your finally awake," Darry said, I could tell by the deep voice.

"Y-yeah, I'm awake now," Johnny said softly pulling away from me.

"Anything hurting you," Darry asks.

"J-just my head," Jonny muttered and I opened my eyes.

"I'll go get you some medicine. I'll be right back," Darry says walking out of he living room.

I nuzzled my head into Johnny's neck and yawned, I felt so tired but I didn't want to sleep. Johnny continues to draw shapes into my back and sighs quietly. Footsteps came back and Johnny pulled away slightly before hugging me tightly again. I yawned again and used one hand to wipe my eyes, attempting to wipe the sleep away. It wasn't working though at all, in a way it made me feel more tired.

"Johnny I'm going to bed before I fall asleep on the couch," I mumble tiredly, pulling away and setting him on the couch.

"I'll go with you, probably won't fall asleep but I'll go with you," Johnny said softly.

He gripped my hand and walked me to my room, guiding me away from the walls since I could barely keep my eyes open. He set me on the bed before covering me up and crawling under the cover with me. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my head into his chest, closing me eyes instantly. He wrapped his arms around me and  I pulled me closer. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest, it soothed me a lot.

"I love you Ponyboy," Johnny whispers quietly.

I was too tired to answer him, I fell asleep.

• • • •

Johnny went to the park and I didn't go, Darry wouldn't let me because I had homework to do. It wasn't even a lot but I still had to stay home and do it, I could do it later I'm not too lazy. Soda walked into the room and sat on the couch next to me, I was too focused on my homework to look up. I felt his eyes on me, studying me as if I knew something that he didn't. I finally looked up at him and he smiled lightly.

"Ponyboy, have you ever talked to the girl again? You know, the one you told me that was so fantastic," he asked chuckling.

"U-uh yeah, I talk to them a lot actually," I mumbled.

"You should bring her over today," he says suggestively.

"Y-you want me to bring them over," I ask.

"Yeah, I'll tell Darry that your bringing her," he said smiling.

"Are you sure that you want me to go bring them here," I ask cautiously.

"Yeah, I want to meet the girl my little brother has his eyes on," he said with a smirk.

"W-well I know where they are so. . . I guess I could go see if they can come over," I said softly, my voice shaking slightly. "I'll go get them. . ."

// Authors Note //

Well then. . . I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll see you all soon.

Till then,

~ Stay Gold