Chapter 11: The Curious

Vania's POV

I left the dining room without any problems, since the demons were all too busy making fun of each other. They're all so...cute! At the moment that's all I can say to describe their interaction. It was just really adorable since they kept poking fun at each other. 

To be honest, I know I shouldn't be wandering around the palace by myself, especially since I don't know my way around. But any chance to get away from the demons was worth it! They make me feel too many things that I don't exactly want to feel. Like seriously, my body is still humming from their touch. Like, c'mon! It's ridiculous how hot these guys are. I passed by a window and something caught my eye, so I stopped to take a look. 

What I saw took me by surprise. Hell did not look anything like it was described when I was alive. However I did read a lot of other mythology that describes Hell just as the land of the dead, with nothing else. Outside, everything looked so...normal! It is really weird that I don't see people in torment, but I'm very glad that I don't see it happening. I'm pretty squeamish. 

It just totally fascinates me that Hell is so...peaceful, really. 

I hadn't noticed that anyone was next to me until they spoke. 

"It's not how you imagined, is it?" 

I nearly jumped out of my skin when the person spoke. I held a hand to my chest and turned to the direction that I heard the voice from. 

Lucifer just smirked at me. I gave him a glare. He moved closer and trapped me between the wall and his body. I pressed myself tighter to the wall, not wanting him to touch me, since it's never good when he touches me. 

"You know, it's not polite to sneak away from the table when you haven't been excused." 

"Hmph. It's not like anyone was paying any attention to me anyway." 

"Oh, but that's where you are wrong. I was paying attention," he grinned down at me. 

He all but pressed me tighter against the wall and leaned down so that he was a hair breadth's away from my lips. He held a twinkle in his eyes as he looked at me. My breath hitched because I knew that look. I may not have spent a lot of time with him, but I have picked up on certain things just from the time that I have spent with him. 

"What a naughty, naughty girl, you've been," he whispered, huskily. "I think you need to be punished." 

I blushed so hard when I heard him say that. He saw my reaction and smirked. 

"Oh...no denial," he mused. "You must actually want to be punished." 

I only blushed harder, but I did shake my head no. 

Why am I not trying to get out of his hold right now? 

When that thought flew through my mind, I immediately struggled in his arms. Lucifer just chuckled at me, knowing what I was thinking. 

"Took you long enough." 

I glared at him then. 

"Just get off of me!" I growled. "Or I might have to kick you where the sun don't shine."

He quickly moved off of me and took a step back. I smirked at his reaction and crossed my arms. 

"Aw. Such a god boy for listening!" I joked. 

I chuckled as he huffed at me. I turned back around to look out the window and admire the view. However, I noticed something odd. It looked like there was a person with wings...angel wings!