Chapter 11

Once I got home I dropped my things off in my room then I got dressed into my fuzzy pajamas. It was so nice to finally not have to wear those terrible hospital gowns. Then I crawled down into my blanket and sighed. I sat there in silence when my mom interrupted it with a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Oh, you're in your pjs? I thought we were going to go out and have a celebratory dinner?"

"Right, I forgot, I'll get ready."

"No, no if you would rather stay in bed, then go ahead."

"I said I'll get ready!"

"Oh-okay." She left with an odd face and I didn't understand why.

She took me out to eat at my favorite restaurant and I ate a lot. Once I had finished my meal we left and she drove us home. It was another silent ride home.

I once I was home I went back into my room. In my room stood Amelia.

"Hey, Amelia."

"Hey! How's things at home?"

"They're all right, I think mom thinks I mad though. She gave me this really weird face today, and she keeps acting like I'm a walking bomb."

"Ouch." 

"Yeah."

"Hey Kari, who're you talking to," asked my mom, who was standing at my door.

"N-no one" then I turned to Amelia and whispered "You gotta go, sorry." She nodded and disappeared, as suddenly as she appeared. 

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure." I answered. She walked in, observing me while walking. I sat down on my bed and motioned for her to do the same. 

"So, what do you want?" I asked, not feeling like small talk. 

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to ask you how you were".

"Oh" I said kinda surprised. I was expecting her to say something else. 

"Well I'm tired." I yawned. "Night."

"Good night lovely, sleep tight." With that she left my room. As soon as she left I grabbed a near notebook and began to write. It was my turn to write the mysterious letters.