08

08

We have been crawling in these dark, damp and dirty tunnels for over an hour now; they have lead us to nowhere. I'm afraid that we are lost, the tunnels turn from right to left; Louis continuously laughs at me whenever I let out a yelp whenever a cobweb runs into my face. My knees now ache as the ripples in the medal tube dig into my bare skin.

By now my dress is ruined, I can feel the wet dirty water start to soak through at my waist. The water pushes against my hands, flowing quicker against me; trying to go the opposite way. It seems as if the water is getting a stronger flow to it, hopefully we are close to a stream which means a way out.

"I'm starting to think this was a bad idea." Louis wonders aloud as I inch forward. A small light can be seen; we are near the end of the tunnel. I roll my eyes at Louis once he speaks again, "It was worth it though."

"It won't be worth it when you lose your job." I speak, my voice more rude than I intended it to be. A small frown attached onto Louis' lips as we neared the round light we had gotten to. Pushing past Louis I sighed with relief once I poked my head out of the tunnel that flowed into a small stream; I was correct.

Carefully getting out of the tunnel and standing up I looked around our surroundings. We were in a forest, just like the one when I had first ran away; exactly three weeks ago. I look up, my eyes following all the way up a mountain that we had just crawled through.

"We must be directly below the mansion." I mumble. I hear Louis hum in response; he seemed distracted by the way he didn't even notice what I had said. Turning my head I watch as he puts a phone to his ear, my eyes widen as I jump on him; pushing him onto the ground. The phone falls from his hands and lands a couple yards away from us.

"What the hell are you doing?" He tries to push me off of him but I stay latched on, trying to pin him onto the ground but with my small petite frame; he is much stronger than me. Louis shoves me off of him, but I am too quick. I reach for his phone and get up quickly; and start to run.

Louis shouts after me as I sprint around the trees, his phone still in my hand. I do not know what I am doing, but I know that my plan may actually work this time. I hide behind a larger tree; heavy breaths escape from my mouth as I crouch down and grab a heavy rock. Smashing the phone with the rock multiple times I feel arms grip around my shoulders and yank me back angrily. I slash around in his grip screaming for him to let me go, but his grip only tightens.

"Why would you do that?" He yells at me once I stop and hide my face in my hands.

"Who were you calling?" I squeak into my hands.

"What?" He asked, as he pushes me away from him and kneels in front of me. I fall back on my arms and I look him fully into his eyes. "Who were you calling?" I demand for an answer. By now I knew my face was red from the anger that starts to collect in my veins, he is angry as well. We both glare at each other before he answers through gritted teeth.

"I was calling your father."

"Why?" I spit out. Confusion is now evident in his blue orbs as he stares at me.

"Then we could both be at the mansion and not get into any trouble."

"Don't you understand Louis," I squeak out in a small voice. Louis furrows his eyebrows as I speak again, "I do not want to go to auction, I do not want to be sold; I don't want to go back to the mansion." By now I sounded like a little kid.