Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Weather man said it’s gonna snow. By now I should be used to the cold. Mid-February shouldn’t be so scary. It was only December

I still remember the presents, the tree, you and me. But you went away. How dare you? I miss you.

They say I’ll be OK. But I’m not going to ever get over you. Living alone here in this place I think of you, and I’m not afraid. Your favorite records make me feel better. Cause you sing along. With every song. I know you didn’t mean to give them to me. But you went away. How dare you? I miss you. They say I’ll be OK. But I’m not going to ever get over you.

It really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone. Cause you went away, how dare you? I miss you.

They say I’ll be OK. But I’m not going to ever get over you" as I finish singing I start crying harder than I did at the funeral. I miss him so much and seeing Adam makes it worse, they look so alike it hurts. I shake my head trying to get out of my funk and it makes me notice that the tree I am leaning against is quite climbable. So taking a risk I climb up the tree and rest on one of the branches. The view is amazing it almost takes over the relaxation I would get from looking out at the ocean.

"April?" I hear my name and look down to see Will walking down the trail looking for me. "April! Please stop hiding and come out" I stay perfectly still not wanting to give away where I am. I need space and time. Though why I have avoided Will still is a mystery to me I just can't shake the feeling that I need too.

"April!!" His voice sounds so desperate it makes my mind flip and my heart contract. He is standing below my branch and I pray to God that he won't look up. But apparently that was a lost cause since my shoe fell off and hit him in the head. Damn it! I'm mad but I laugh as I see the utter confusion sweep across his face. He looks up and I laugh harder, his eyes widen in sheer panic and for an unknown reason it just makes me laugh even more.

"April get down you’re going to hurt yourself" I shake my head to protest but cause my body to shift. I scream as I fall towards the ground my head feels something hit it but I guess it was my own arm. This is how I will die, falling from a tree for laughing and defying my boyfriend. But I never hit the ground because two muscular arms catch me.

"You smell like my two favorite things, chocolate and Will. That's my boyfriend" I giggle.

"You are either high or you hit your head. I'm hoping for the latter." The man’s hand squeezes my thigh and arm.

"Hey no touchy! My boyfriend will kick your ass if you touch me in any way" I know how jealous he gets and I may have destroyed our relationship over god knows what reason but that doesn't mean I will let another man touch me.