Chapter 1

“Mamma!” I yelp pointing towards my favorite red dress lying on the edge of the bed.
“How could you forget this?” I zap towards my bed to grab my winsome red dress.
“Ma, you know it is one of my well-fitting dresses, don’t you?” I desperately manage to gag it in my luggage full of accoutrements.
The reason I’m getting hyper is my thin body structure. Though I’m not that short and also my mother tells me that I’ve got an attractive figure which makes me feel proud sometimes but as a human I want more. I’ve been always longing for a healthy body. I leisurely admire at the reflection of a skinny, slender I might add, fair skin girl with her hair rolling down through her shoulder to her chest, coming from the mirror. Her skin too pale that one could easily count the nerves running down her arms.
“Honey you don’t need to take stress for it. After all you’re leaving up for college, not for any model contest.” She says ironically stewing dish of meat and vegetables. Mm…tasty!
“But I need to look mature. No one’s gonna believe that I’m a first year degree student.” Ignoring that deliciously delectable smell I induce my problem giving pressure on the word ‘degree’.
I hurriedly hop in living area where Papa is, as usual, busy reading newspaper.
“Well, you’re leaving on Sunday for hostel. Have you finished with all your things?” he says turning one of the papers of that newspaper.
“Pa, I need a pair of flip flops, a shampoo, conditioner…”
“Ok ok take Ana with you. Don’t underestimate her. Though she’s younger but knows very well about those stuffs than you.” He laughs intruding my list.

I press my self start button. We’re on my scooty heading towards super market. She sits behind me.
“Ana be serious. Your board exams are near. You know you need outstanding marks for matriculation.” I generously start giving her a lecture.
“Even if I’m not there, you must beware of dogs in your class. Your classmates cum troublemakers. No point talking about those playboys. Huh!”
“Is this my fault?” she bleats.
“Nevertheless, girls of your class deserve the word hubris. I must say ‘girls because you worth it’.”
“But why are you berating me?”
“Becuz you’re blameworthy. It was you who tell tales about your classmates. You babble mouth.”
“But it was you wanted to listen to my telltale. Huh!”
“Ok, let’s not get into melee.” I ignore the boy whistling at us.
“Ale, you know Eureka? She praises you for your innocent look. She always asks me about your studies. Moreover she’s just your fan.”
“Stop feigning about her, Ana. I know she doesn’t…” There’s a sudden whim in the climate on my mind. “Really does she? Don’t tell me you’re trying to belie me, aren’t you?” There’s a sudden bonhomie in me for that girl Eureka but still at sixes and sevens.
“No Ale, she really likes the way you say hi to her. I mean just a hi. By the way yesterday at school, I mean in our class, Dina, the girl reaching one’s nostrils, came to sit near me leaving her desk behind, I mean that bad smelling girl could have find only me. I almost reached to oblivion smelling her aroma…” She chuckles.
“Oh my…then how did you manage it?” Curiously I ask controlling the laugh as we are attracting people’s attention towards us.
“Huff! Then that fatso, you know?”
“Monty?”
“Ya ya. She couldn’t control her anger and grumbled on her. She bawled her out saying…” Oh God! She has started again and I as usual can’t stop myself to listen to her telltale.
“Don’t you have your own seat? Why do you always intrude on our seats? Such an intruder. Huh! Just go back to your seat.” She proceeds.
“Then?” I ask subduedly after coming into senses.
“Dina felt humiliated. I think so and she returned to her seat. Thanks to Monty for helping me get out of that aroma.”
I laugh.
“So, Ale what are you thinking about your hostel?”
“I can imagine, a room, beautiful room with bright paints on the walls. A two storied…”
“Building?”
“No... A two storied bed. From which I would choose the first floor bed…” I am grinning with my funny way of imagination.
“Its a bunk bed idiot. You’re such a joker Ale.” She laughs with a wiggling sound in her voice.
“Hey, are you all right? Don’t get senti. Want me to beat you.” Because of her there is a whim in my mood. I gave a slap on her lap hitching myself riding scooty. I can’t imagine the five years far from home.

“We’re home, mamma.” Both of us exclaim.
“Ok, go and get fresh yourself. I have stewed your favorite meal.” Says she while she is ready to serve it.

It is night. I am unable to sleep. I still don’t believe. Oh God! I am going to start a college life. Day after tomorrow I’ll be leaving for college, far away from home, from my family. Lights are off. I’m alone in my bed. My body is here but my soul is travelling around my imagination of my new life. Am I going to endure situations or the circumstances will support me. I am, with my eyes stuck on the ceiling, unwilling to close, feeling the cool breeze coming from windows. I love my room when its night. The most peaceful place to think about pursuing my ambition, imagination and remembering swashbuckling moments of my life. My eyes roll down from the ceiling to the wall where there hung my family photos. I get up slowly from my bed so not to disturb my kitty, a pedigree short hair cat of cream point color pointed which belongs to British shorthair species, though she can hear my single delicate footstep, I walk thither those photos. My fingers are caressing those frames bought by my mother. Oh no! My nose has started running and I can’t help it. Tears roll down my cheek when I see a small girl holding a big prize standing with her lovely parents, when I see the girl little grown up having her harmonious birthday party. Oh no! I can’t handle this anymore. I have to be strong or else I would be highly strung with this homesickness later. I press my nose with my fingers to avoid crying. I’m such a maudlin. I think I should better go and sleep.

***
Dear readers, I know there's no shade of doubt about it that I'm lacking something in here. Kindly enlighten me.