Chapter 8: 'F' Word

As nine in the morning came, Dad and I were seated at the sofa in the living room. You'd be surprised at how long it took dad to choose an outfit. And do you know what he wore? Have a guess. A suit? No. A button-up? No again. Give up.  Dad, you're dead. Mom will kill you. He's lucky mom wasn't here to make him wear a suit. I sighed and stared at my father who was rocking his usual AC/DC sweatshirt and pants. Eh, it always looked good on him though.

"Dad, you know mom's going to kill you," I drag out, shuddering as I picture mom giving dad a death glare.

"What? It's just a press con, plus, it's happening here at the tower," he answers defensively. I groaned in frustration, and Lucilla was not here. Great.  This was one of those moments that my dad actually despised suits.

“As much as I want to agree with you, I’m really scared of mom when she gives you the ‘stink eye’,” he cringes too, as if he was actually seeing the stink eye that my mom gave us when she doesn’t approve about some of the things we do. Which was saying a lot.

A few seconds later, Lucilla came back, holding a black dress pants and a white button-up. I scoffed.

"Sir, I mean Tony, Miss Potts told me to make you wear this after she asked me what you were wearing," she said smirking. Oh wow. Mom had to call her to know what dad was wearing.

"Good luck making my father wear that," I roll my eyes while sipping my protein milkshake from my tumbler.

"Oh, he's wearing that, alright," I froze. Crap. Dad, you're so dead. I looked in front of the television, to see mom sitting down on a bed. She was wearing a white blazer with her signature ponytail. She must be at her hotel. She was wearing ‘the smile’. Oh my God oh my God oh my God. She was wearing her 'Do-As-I-Say' smile. I swear I felt something inside me stir, and it was out of fear because of that look. I smirk knowing dad is not getting away from this one. Mom turned to me and smiled sweetly.

"Hi sweetheart," she says with a little wave.

"Hi mom," I say with a smile of my own. She turned back to dad and I followed her actions turning to dad as well with a smirk. Ooh, I internally wince. Dad is so screwed.

"Tony, what are you wearing?” Mom says with the smile but you can practically see her eyes blazing.

"Uh, clothes? Obviously," dad answered with a raised eyebrow. Pft. That was such a lame attempt to avoid the stink eye and smile. Lucilla sat down next to me while mom and dad bickered.

"I'll bet you 100 bucks, dad's going to end up wearing that dress pants and button up," I smirk to Lucilla and she smirks back.

"Yeah, I'll take you on that bet; I bet you a hundred bucks he's going to end up just changing into the button up," she held out her hand. We shook on it and watched as mom and dad still kept on bickering. Oh, and dad, you are so going to make me 100 bucks today.

"Honey, it's just a press-con so no need to be fancy! And it's beings held here at the tower!" Dad reasons while sipping on his scotch that he brought with him when he came back. Mom rolled her eyes.

"Exactly, a press-con. At least wear the button up," Mom argues plainly. People, don't assume Lucilla is winning this. Lucilla nudged me and I kept calm.

Dad rolled his eyes while mom smiled at him. Dad groaned and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"Where else? The bathroom to put on some clothes even though I'm already wearing them," he answers flatly while taking the clothes on the table, discarding his scotch. Mom giggled in triumph.