After 1

It was just a normal day for me, drinking iced coffee in my lounge and enjoying pizza when the siren had rung. That had been the 8th time this month indicating that the 8th girl had arrived.

Apparently this month is the 32nd year anniversary and many pointless men risk their lives just to have a chance on being accepted by one these women. Well they totally fit the saying, "live to impress".

Fools! I snorted.

Does the After World be that great for people to be desperately look for passages just to go. I am curious on whats there, yes I am  but risking my life in order to quench curiosity? Never.

I sneer as I flipped the channel and found the news channel broadcasting the progress of those who chose to attend.

I took the carton of milk and poured its contents. It only filled less than half of the glass so I checked the fridge for another one. Unfortunately though, there are no more left. I quickly wore my hoodie, took some cash, then off I go towards the grocery store.

I scanned the halls looking for ingredients for my baby back ribs. Somehow with all this shit going through, new teens kept popping up once inawhile and fresh indregients and food kept coming though we barely know how these get here but we are certain they are from the After World.

Another siren had rung, one last more and that sound would cease to exist in the next 3 and a fifth decade.

I sighed as I put a pack of fresh tomatoes into the push cart. That is why I don't like to be attached on anyone here, they'll either die or be accepted. Either way the result is still the same, they would be gone.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the cashier repeated my amount. I took all my bought things and went inside my car.

.....

It had been 2 days since the 9th siren had rung. The 10th had not even arrived but already 3 men had died, 1 was already accepted. I don't even give a fuck about this things, can't they just went on with their lives not reporting the happenings on these things?!

I sighed. Boredom had already took control of me.

Suddenly I found myself being drawn out by my feet into the woods. The woods gives off a very calming aura, the scent of plants, the voices of animals, and the continuous flow of wind.

As I trench through the ground, I found myself near a waterfall. The scenery was quite refreshing. I squared down on the ground, just observing the surroundings.

...

Night had fallen and I am still currently on the exact same spot I was in. I am really relaxed no doubt.

A blinding light appeared before me, in the middle of the lake pooling under the waterfall. At first it was just plain light but as time continued it morphed into a more detailed figure.

What lies in the middle is still in light form but recognisable features are evident, hair was long, it is not broad or muscular but somewhat petite in form and two things were bulging at the bottom of its face.

As the light faded, it officially released the figure. The figure was still standing on the water. I shifted to see the creature.

Shit!

It was like cold water was drenched upon me.

No, it can't be!

And to prove my suspicion....

The 10th siren rang.

My blood ran cold but as soon as it appeared, it dissapeared and was instantly replaced by a hot feeling, like my body is on fire. My heart was beating frantically. I felt the thing in my pants harden.

A woman....naked.

She shifted her eyes and focused them to me.

Shit! I'm dead.

I quickly ran out of the woods and locked myself in my house, securing every inch was closed.

I was breathless when I finished and sweat covered my body. My heart was beating frantically but it felt different.

Her eyes, her face,  her body...  Shit! They kept flashing in my mind.

Arrrgh!!!! I grabbed my hair and pulled it vigorously.

It won't dissapear!!!

I was thinking of solutions... What do I need to calm down! What do I do... What do I need... Think brix, Think!!...

Water!

I ran frantically to the refrigerator. I grabbed the pitcher and poured myself a glass of ice cold and finished it within 3 gulps. I was coughing, I was tired,  I was confused,  scared, and most of all I felt something I never felt before... I felt

ALIVE!!!

...

That incident led me to who I am today 3 years later...better,  stronger,  wiser,  I never felt bored.  I was always going on adventures,  living like there's no tomorrow. 

I never had an encounter with the woman ever again but one thing I know for certain is she's still out there,  and she had killed more than any woman had.

And that's why for the first time in 2 years and a half, I'm going back home.