chapter 8

Brandon's p.o.v.

It took me 30 minutes to reach home ,I take a quick bite of lunch ,that Molly packed for me.
She would be back at 5 in the evening to make snacks and dinner.

When I was kid ,she stayed all the time here ,I miss those days ,I wish I was a little kid and she would play Xbox all Day with me.

I smile at the memory  and my childishness which never left me.

I hope Riley too is as much childish as she was ,the last time I saw her ,she throwed Kathy's wedding cake all on her dress and Kathy's dad's bald head and we all laughed very Hard .
Riley was just insane .

But the insanity I have known today is crushing my heart ,what did happen to her ?

She is growing herself as a run away model ,she is famous like she wanted to be ,but something's not fitting the box.
Did she break up with a guy?
Did she even find a guy?

My thoughts scream in my head as I pace my bike into NY traffic.

After reaching the main crossing ,I find a billboard with Riley promoting Charlotte Russe flat 50%off sale.
Riles is too cute for that billboard ,she should have been sitting on my bike ,clutching my waist and pressing her body to my back.
Fine,it's too sexy to imagine ,I wonder if I would ever see Jennifer instead of Riley.

I shift my gaze from the billboard,to the traffic infront .

I find a familiar car with a familiar person ,black SUV with the Goth himself sitting in it.

Craig sure has a bad taste in cars.

His head is almost out in the humid weather ,seems he is enjoying the traffic smoke.
I laught at the thought but what catches his sight catches my attention.
He is staring at Riley on the billboard ,not staring ,he is like devouring her.

God ,I think he is married and that too , Riley's bestfriend Kathy Green.

He is such a pervert !

I need to protect my Riles ,I say to myself and drive my bike in between the cars and finally reach his car and say Hi.

His reaction is funny .
Looks like I scared the shit out of him.

I tilt my head to find Kathy with a bump on her abdomen.
So she's pregnant !

I say my hi to her and I get relieved when she is excited to Meet me.

I heard a gossip that she had crush on me in high school.
But she never talked to me till I started dating Riley.

She might know something about Riley.
Are they still bestfriends like before?

But I don't think it's the place to ask.The horns of automobiles behind my bike are getting into my nerves.
So I need to go.
"You owe me a Party"I snap at Craig and rush into the traffic ahead.

When I reach the street 76 ,the traffic is almost zero and a pleasure wave hits me .

I take the needed turns and reach the area where Riley stays or used to stay.

I marvel at my memory ,it feels like I have never been here in a decade.
But the houses are same unfurnished but I know inside is always cozy .

I walk over to Riley's house ,a one storey building and ring the bell.

After a minute ,a old woman opens the door.

"Hi ,can I see Riley Jones?"I say offering my smile politely.

"Who is she?We don't have a Miley here"she says and tries to shut the door on my face.

So much for my politeness !

"Wait"I say catching the door before it collapses on my face.
"It's Riley not Miley"I say almost like begging.

"I said I don't know any Miley or Riley"she says again and slams the door on my face.

Urgh.

I pull out my anger on the door causing a harsh bang.

When I turn to return ,I hear the door open again.

I turn around to look at a woman of Molly's age .

"What do you want?"she asks just as impatient as the older woman.

"I want Riley Jones"I say sternly.

"Riley?"she says eyeing me as if studying me.

"Who are you to her?"she asks.

"I am her friend "I reply and she opens the door welcoming me in.

I walk into the house and she gestures me to sit on the sofa beside the granny .

"There's no Miley Cyrus here "she snaps furiously at me.

"He is for the Jones girl"the younger woman answers the older one.

"Okay ,are you her boy friend?"the older woman chuckles and I too laugh along with her.

I look around the house .It's not the same I saw several years ago.
It's cozy and comfortable but seems out of place.

The sofa I think it's the same old one ,I can feel the moments sitting on it ,watching The Notebook with Riley crying on my shoulders all night and several memories I made with her.
Does she remember all those unforgettable moments?

I am brought back to present when the younger woman places a black coffee before me ,the older woman takes it before I wonder if it was for me.

"Anything you want?"the younger woman asks.

"Umm..just water will do "I say .

She leaves the room and the only sound is of granny sipping her coffee.

The younger woman enters the room again with a glass of water.
I take it from her hand and drink it earnestly .
I was so desperate for a glass of any liquid.

"So ,what's your name?"she asks after I finish drinking.
"Brandon Cooper"I say .

She smiles at my answer.
"Riley Jones + Brandon Cooper ,there is a name carved on the trunk of a tree in the garden"she explains with amusement.

"Young love is so precious ,you get it only once"the old woman says chuckling .

I smile at the memory.I thought it was stupid then.Now ,it feels it is the only thing left of us .
A carving on the tree.

"Don't mind her ,she is a little crazy ,I am Angela Barnes and she is my mother ,Teresa Barnes"Angela says.

"It's nice to Meet you ,can you tell me where is Riley's Family staying"I ask eagerly.

"Heaven"says Teresa clicking her empty cup on the table.

---------------------------_____
Dear Reader,
You are awesome to complete this chapter.
You will be super awesome if you vote this one.
;-)
Have a good Day.:-).

This Video is more exotic than Exotic(Piggy Chops) aka Priyanka Chopra.