Chapter 29

Taylor’s POV

Finishing off the last part of my assignment, I mailed it in to the school as a huge relief washed over me. I was barely on time to hand it in but I had finished it in the last hour for it to be sent.

"Did you send it?" Mellie asked with a sly smile on her face, entering the patio where I was sitting to myself with my laptop. I nodded my head with a grin as she chuckled amused at my postponing.

"What have you been doing today? I’ve been stuck here all day doing the paper" I asked and put away my laptop. Mellie took a seat next to me in her black shorts and grey tank top and made herself comfortable in the sofa.

"Well first Bill and me took breakfast in town at this cute little café that had delicious grilled sandwiches" she said and made a small moan. I chuckled at her, seeing how she memorized that sandwich in every detail in her mind.

"After that we took a small walk and then we got back here. Bill and the guys had to do some business so they went off, leaving me all alone with your dad and Hirato" she said and made a small fake cringed.

"Well suits you right. I haven’t had a break from those two for the last 24 hours" I laughed.

"Hey I entertained your guests Taylor, you should be nice" she pouted as I placed my arm around her shoulders.

"I am grateful, but I am beat. Spending so much time with dad and Hirato is seriously energy sucking" I sighed and leant my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, believe me I know!" 

"What do you mean?"

"Well for starters I’ve taken them out for ice cream, sight-seeing, a walk in the garden and made them lunch so you think you are exhausted" Mellie groaned as I snickered a little bit. It was kind of entertaining to hear about how she had spent the day with Hirato and Rick, the three of them got along fine but those guys together was a dangerous mix. 

"I’m grateful, it helped me get the assignment in just in time" I smiled as she ruffled my hair.

"Don’t do that, it’s irritating" I scoffed and slapped her hand away playfully.

"So still no touchy-touchy with Tom?" She asked with a sly grin, turning the conversation to something else. I hmphed.

"No, either dad is always around or we’re just apart from each other"I frowned.

"Well that sucks" Mellie encountered as I nodded.

"Yeah it really does" I muttered. It was kind of hard being around Tom without having the option to touch him or give him a longing look. My dad was very aware of his surrounding, so it was really hopeless.

"But I thought you like snuck into his room or something" she said and made a thinking face. I gave her a flat look.

"Okay first of all, I’m not the sneaking-into-other-peoples-bedrooms-in-the-middle-of-the-night type of girl and also, my dad wakes up to easily for me to wonder around" I sighed. Mellie grinned at my hopelessness and patted me with comfort on the back.

"Why don’t you just tell him, it will make things so much easier" she smiled softly as I cringed a little.

I did not like the idea of having to tell him, I could just see his angry face in front of me, lashing out. But on the other side, it would be nice to be able to relax and finally be able to be with my boyfriend together with my dad without secrets.