Chapter 56 - Dream

"Now I don't want you to do anything stupid." I grimaced at Kaylee's voice. My blood was boiling at the fact that she still had the keys to Harry's mansion.

"I know what you've been through, Harry. Your dad told me about the incident." She continued. I took a few steps toward the railing to get a better view of the scene in the entrance hall, and knelt to keep hidden in the shadows. Tight white pants hugged her thin legs, a tube top causing her breasts to protrude upwards. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was a Baby Doll.

"Oh my dad confessed to killing his unborn grandchild?" Harry snapped at her.

"Don't say that, Harry. Your dad was just looking out for you. She's a Baby Doll, the child could've been anyone's! If anything, he did you a favour. You'll soon come to realise how lucky you are that he interfered. You were this close to losing everything!" She brought her fingers together to emphasise the last sentence.

"Harry, you're infatuated by this idea you have of this girl. I know you're still not over what happened to your mum and you think this Baby Doll can fill the void she left but she can't, and you'll just end up being devastated. Why? Because she's merely a prostitute, an item your father got for you to keep you occupied while I was away. The fact is that you and her have nothing in common, and if you keep this up Harry, she'll keep sticking to you like an insect. Baby, you're in a fragile emotional state and this girl is taking advantage of that. You need to open up your eyes right now, Harry-"

"Shut up!" Harry bellowed, cutting her off. "Don't you talk about her like that." His voice cracked. Then the mansion was suddenly silent, and I could only hear my own heart pounding. I anxiously waited for Harry to say something but there was only the sound of something falling then clattering against the floor. He had kicked down one of the marble statues in the hall, and Kaylee suddenly looked timid. "You're overreacting," She uttered.

"I can't stand this anymore." He said quietly then let out a small laugh, dragging his hands down his face."These past few weeks have been hell for me. I practically dragged myself to those parties, every minute was a burden and I just-"

"Harry, your father and I talked-" She was cut off again.

"I thought of her, when it got too suffocating... I was always thinking about her..."

"But it didn't used to be like that. You were always the life of the party, remember that? Th-this isn't you." She began to stammer.

"I did so many things to make myself happy, but I never was. I was never happy, Kaylee. At the end of the day, I was always alone," Harry tilted his head down, his gaze fixed on the floor. "Before she came."

"I'm here now. I'm here for you, Harry. I'm sorry I left. Things are going to be better from now on, I promise." She inched closer to him, reaching out to touch him and I found myself balling my hands into tight fists, adrenaline beginning to run through my body.

"I don't want you, Kaylee. I can't even stand being near you anymore. Fuck, can't you see already that I can't stand any of you!" A sense of relief rushed into me when her hand was pushed away.

"Your dad said this would happen. And he was right. I guess you do need to be put on medication." The veins in her eyes were visible, her glossy lips quivering as she spoke. "You're not in the right state of mind. What's happened to you?" She shook her head in disappointment.

"I'm not in the right state of mind?" Harry laughed lightly, the sound lacking amusement. "Fuck you. And I'd very much appreciate it if you left now." He said before turning and heading toward the stairs, earning a loud gasp from Kaylee.

"What about college? W-What about my dad?" She staggered after him, leaning against the staircase railing.

"Your dad? I'm sick of hearing about his porcelain doll collection, and the fact that a grown man collects them is fucking creepy. And I'm not going to college anymore, not here atleast, so I guess I won't be needing his help." He told her as he clambered up the steps.