Chapter 31

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

Blake POV

I've been in the prison all day, not wanting to be anywhere near Tammy. I've been having thoughts about her, but I know it's the mate bond messing with my mind, trying to force me into something I don't want. Yesterday when I grabbed her, slamming her against the wall, I had planned on hurting her, but when I touched her, those tingles rushing up my arm caught me by surprise. All the thoughts of me hurting her was gone. It was like I was paralyzed, staring into her eyes. If I didn't get control of myself when I did, there's no telling what would've happened.

I've been torturing the alphas over and over, then watch as they slowly heal so I can do it again. They're going to regret ever thinking about going against me.

I hear the prison door open as Fred comes in. "I made those phone calls that you told me to make. The vampire King wasn't lying about the alpha kings mate. She's originally from the Silver Crest pack." Fred says walking into the torture cell.

I needed to be sure that Draven wasn't feeding me lies. And now that I know it's true, all I have to do is wait for the days to pass so I can get his mate. Soon all this will be over and Tammy can leave.

"You missed Adam's birthday party outback. There's food leftover if you want any." Fred says.

"I'm not hungry," Adam told me yesterday in the forest about his birthday party. He asked me if I would come. I told him I would come, because he wouldn't take no for an answer. But after that little altercation with Tammy I didn't want to be anywhere near her.

"What's up with you? You have been in here the whole day. It's not like these mutts are going anywhere." Fred looks over at the bloody alphas. The alphas let out growls, baring their teeth at Fred, showing their dislike of the way Fred is belittling them.

As helpless as they are right now, their egos still gets the best of them.

"There's nothing wrong with me, I'm fine." I grab the rag and start to clean the blood off my hands.

"I ran into Tammy yesterday when she was leaving your office. She told me what you told Adam. I told you that attack changed her, she's not someone you want to piss off." Fred looks back over at me. I can hear the small warning in Fred's voice as if I should be worried about Tammy trying to hurt me.

"I'm not worried about Tammy or her silver blades. Don't tell me you're afraid of a weak human." No matter what Tammy has learned. She's still a weak human.

"Of course not, but not all of us can't heal from silver the way you and the twins can. And she's pretty good with those silver weapons of hers. You saw it first hand yourself. If I didn't know any better, I would think that she sparked a bit of fear in you yesterday, so now you're avoiding her. But of course, I know better than that. There's no way a weak human can put fear into you, right?" Fred looks at me with a raised eyebrow, with that stupid smirk on his face that I remember.

I let out a low growl, glaring over at him, knowing he's trying to be funny.

"Hey I'm just saying, maybe being trapped inside that silver box turned you a bit soft." He keeps that stupid smirk on his face, folding his arms across his chest, flexing his muscles in his arms and chest, that he didn't have before I was locked away. He uses to do this when he was younger. Taunting me, trying to get under my skin to get me to spar with him.