Chapter 10: Preparation

It was silent. Everything was silent. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I began to see a blurry ceiling above me. I adjusted my eyesight a bit more, and slowly sat up. I was in some sort of bed. Though the room I was in wasn't my room. I didn't know where I was, or why I was there. I looked around the room. "Ah....This..Isn't my room.." And by my room I meant the room I was given in the school. Though, I of course obviously would have wished it was my actual room at home even more, but that would just be a miracle. A miracle that would be pointless in wishing for because I knew it wouldn't happen.

I looked down at the floor after I finished scanning the room. I saw something that appeared to be a blurry red substance on the floor. "What...Is that..." I finally was able to adjust my eyesight back to normal, mostly. I looked at it again, and realized it was blood. "W-what-" Suddenly, I felt a terrible throbbing pain in my chest. I put my hand over where it hurt, holding it tightly. "Agh! What the hell?!"

I noticed that I had no shirt on, and all that was on my chest was bandages, with a blood stain on the right side. "Wait...What is this...Why..."

The door from across the room opened. The principle and the two guards came walking in.

"Ah, Paige, I see that you are awake now. How are you feeling?" I glared at him.

"I feel terrible. What the fuck did you do to me?"

"Well, since your first mission will be starting soon, we had to do certain things first. Since you will be going outside in the world and all for your missions, we placed something inside your body." My eyes went wide as I heard his words.

"Wait, what?! Why?! What did you-"

"We have placed a small device next to your heart. For example, if you wanted to tell anyone about any of this, that device will either severely wound you or kill you. But in this particular case, since you have fast healing abilities, instead of increasing how much it wounds you, we have decided to increase the amount of pain instead. The pain would be so severe you wouldn't be able to utter a word." 

My body began shaking.

"Y..You..." I clenched my fists on the bed. "You sick motherfu-" Before I finished my sentence, Scratch suddenly came walking into the room.

"Really now, Paige, you should watch what you say~" He went up to me and stroked his hand down my cheek. "After all, they could kill you whenever they felt like it." I looked to the side. He was right. But that didn't change the fact that I was pissed and I wanted to strangle them. I couldn't though, of course. Especially not with the state I was in.

The principle adjusted his glasses and looked at me. "Anyway, your mission will be starting shortly. The pain will go away soon. Scratch will tell you everything else." With that, the principle and the guards left the room, and shut the door behind them. Scratch grinned at me.

"Well, first things first, you should get dressed, because obviously you can't go the way you are right now. We need to wear disguises, soooo~" Scratch said as he pulled out a suit. I looked at him strangely. 

"Wait what?"

"You will need to wear this."I looked away.

"T-there's no way I am wearing something like that."

"Hm? Why not?" Scratch said as he laid the suit on the bed.

"I've never dressed up in my entire life. It'd look dumb on me.." Scratch chuckled.

"Oh really? I don't think it would look bad~ C'mon, wear it, pretty please~?" I sighed.

"I guess I can't really refuse, since it's part of what I need for the mission, after all..." I grabbed the suit and slowly got up slowly. The pain in my chest was mostly gone. "So uh...Do I just change in here or-" Scratch blinked.