Chapter Thirty-seven ☾

Callen's magic that is linked to my own activates. I quickly unbutton my jacket, and then toss is to the side. While the fog causes my vision to be limited I am aware my magic is activating. The hot rays of the moons light touches my skin. A soft sigh of pleasure from escapes from my lips. My body feels the love and magic that I receive from the moon.

Callen glades at me with glowing eyes. I nod my head, and then he dashes forward. One of the magic users casts large silver chains. They are enhanced with a magic, and poison. Callen is able to dodge the attacks, and uses his sword to block. There are small scratches where the blade grazed the chains.

My feet move forward as I raise my arm to the sky. Rays of silver light cascade from the sky. The cloaked figures scurry to dodge my magic. One of the hooded figures groans as blood drips from their arm. The others were protected by a magical barrier. My hand flicks to the side, and then downwards. Several spheres of silver moonlight attack the group. Callen and Blyn use this opportunity to attack. Callen's blade is enhanced with my magic. His blade allows him to cut through the chains that attack him. Blyn is using his Beast magic to enhance his vision, and speed. Powerful waves of water magic are channeled from his blade. The water magic manages to cut through the barrier.

Azalea and Estrellia hide behind my father, and Blyn's. Both of our fathers have created a protective barrier. The guards are attacking the quick chains. They are attempting to break through the defensive magic. From the corner of my eye I can see that Roark is using Beast magic. His eyes are glowing, his ears are pointed and his nails are now claws. Black markings have appeared on his face that go down his chest. Roark roars are he runs past the chains. He manages to dash through the sharp edged daggers. His claws scratch against the magic barrier. It appears that he is making a large dent.

"Roark has a unique form of Beast magic. It is due to the magic that his parents wielded," said Blyn through our mind-link.

"I see, and his magic is rather intense. It appears that he is not using all of his magic," I said.

"He is not and this is because father has sealed his magic. He wants to make sure Roark is able to control his magic. Once he has control father will release the seal," said Blyn.

Blyn rushes forward and assist Roark to attack the barrier. With their combined magic they are able to damage the shield. Several of our guards groan in pain. The chains are wrapped around their arms or leg. The dagger at the end of the chains keeps them in place. My hands move in a quick fashion while my eyes focus on the chains. Large silver rays manage to cut through the chains, yet they continue to drag the guards.

The hooded figure in the center moves their hand upward. The daggers pierce through their bodies. Loud screams of agony echo through the night. The figure laughs as they move the chains. The guards rush towards are party with weapons directed at us. It appears this person is able to control people.

"Callen would you be able to stop those guards? Please attempt to render them unconscious," I instruct in his mind.

"Understood Carita, I will do what I can," replies Callen.

Callen runs to where the guards are running to. Roark sees Callen's movements, and runs to his aid. Both men attack the guards with swords ready. The clashing of metal against metal can be heard. My feet rush over to where my mate stands. We stand side by side as we attack the barrier. I tilt my head upward to look at the night sky. The fog blocks the sky, yet my eyes gaze at the moon.

My hands raise above my head, and I place my palms upward. I focus my magic to where I feel the moon. A large glowing sphere the represents the moon appears. Once the replica moon is in place my hands fall. The warm rays provide protection to my allies. A cloaked figure near the cracked barrier cries in pain. A grin appears on my face when I see the piston is in place. Blyn focuses on channeling his water magic through his sword. When the waves of water dance in the air I cast beams of moonlight. We manage to attack past the barrier, and cause several people to fall. Roark uses this opportunity to use his own magic. Flashes of black light strike the cloaked figures. They fall to the ground in pain due to Roark's magic.