Trials of the Fair

I didn't get introduced to them. The second Brianna was out of the room all the supernaturals present there began to fawn over the poor, tired, hungover human girl and unanimously decided to put her to bed.

No, I didn't get a say in it.

I thought it was rather rude to not introduce myself but Reece assured me that it would be fine if I met them in the morning. We had reached the lobby of our basement room, level three. The first thing I did was check on Xena. I found her sleeping comfortably, still in the same clothes but her heels had been taken off. If someone had changed her she would have flipped about it for sure. She would stomp around all morning in a bitter mood.

Her blonde hair was spread across the pillow, making her look somewhat angelic. Her dress had ridden up a little and I could see the ugly scar that she always hid from everybody. My mood soured at the thought of it. Xena had had a string of crazy boyfriends who somehow always turned out to be bad for her. From possessive as hell to straight out physical and violent, she had tasted them all. Will, of them all was the worst - and the reason for that scar. I shuddered at the thought of that evening when she called me in terror, crying over the phone. He made the mistake of assuming that Xena was the meek girl who would stay quiet. Well, he shouldn't have dated a budding journalist. I was so glad that he was out of our lives now.

Bastard.

Shaking away all those reminiscing thoughts I moved closer to her sleeping form and pulled the blanket over her. I took off her earrings and her necklace and placed them on the bedside table and then took her phone and placed it further away - I had heard that the radiation was not good for you.

Reece stood patiently outside the door, not making a sound as he waited for me. Everything that happened today was overwhelming (which seemed to be the new norm). I had magically healed, picked up my best friend and introduced her to a group of royal werewolves, gone out to party with them and then came back to a whole new chapter of drama.

There were so many questions running in my head that I was exhausted. I made a mental list, refraining from typing it down to remember. I'd ask Reece about it now. I was pushing these things way past their due date and hopefully he wouldn't look at the time and shake his head.

I stepped out of Xena's room and we moved to mine. A part of me felt shadowed. He didn't need to come drop me all the way here - but it would certainly give me a window to ask him everything I needed. But first things first.

"I need to get changed." I told him and he nodded, a small smirk on his face. "Are you too drunk to manage it yourself? Because I can be of excellent help." He drew out and I gave him a laugh. Well if he thinks he's the only one who can tease..

"Oh no, most of this is easy, it's only my bra clasp. It's so difficult to unhook sometimes." I swear I saw his eyes turn black as I locked the door behind me. Men, so easy.

I emerged ten minutes later, quickly showered, brushed, and in my pajamas and a messy bun over my head. Ah, life was so comfortable in loose clothes and bare feet. Reece eyed me with an interested expression, his eyes shifting slightly lower and I smirked. He was still thinking about it. He sat on the edge of my bed, leaning behind on both of his hands and was staring at me unashamedly. I saw that he had changed as well, ditching the shirt and pants for a more comfortable attire.

But no time for play; "We need to talk." I told him, giving him the most cliche line in the history of cliche lines. He looked away from me, his mischievous face morphing into a hard one and I knew that he didn't want to talk about anything right now. The sharp planes of his cheeks turned sharper as he clenched his jaw. Could he be troubled about something more as well? I watched him for a moment from where I was. His bottomless green eyes and the sharp nose with the high cheekbones - he was truly handsome, gorgeous even. It helped that it was attached to that wet dream of a face and an even hotter body, unrestrained and powerful - even his neck could be described as muscular!