Madison

I meowed consistently over the course of the moon rise and fall. It was easy too tell because this place had many more clear glass walls than the last. I liked it here, there was more space to run and was very cool inside. I had never experienced a human house like this before. The floor in some areas was covered in soft bedding while others was as smooth as the walls. It was hard I was already forgetting the memories of the farm, the walls and now I was beginning to experience the fear of forgetting Kati.

The anxiety started to begin, the thought that this human may be like the farm owners. What if this Madison human was a crazed cat killer or even worse, had a dog!? The men who raised my sister and I at the farm were decent. The moment our mother left us my sister and I had to hunt to survive. We weren't the best at first but we got by. It was weird when we were brought to the walls. One day humans showed up in something the other cats called a van and they took us.

Now I am here, in a house that belonged to Madison.

I was finally starting too get sleepy and fall asleep when I heard the door open. Staring at the entry I saw her walk in carrying a paper sack shutting the door behind her. I couldn't see much but she looked a bit like Kati but darker. Her fur on her head long, curly and brown. 

"Woah...what the fuck..." she would say when she spotted me across the room. Judging by the way she carried herself she wasn't expecting me.
I kept my distance at first, I would let her approach me when she felt comfortable. Humans were such skiddish creatures.

At least she didn't have a dog. Not that I had a problem with them but they usually had a problem with me.

Walking into the kitchen she discovered the bags of stuff the other humans left behind for her.
"So...this is a nice gesture and all but I don't really..." she started talking to herself I think. She seemed tired...or maybe she was just in need of a short nap. Falling down on purpose I rolled onto my back on the soft floor scratching at the air.

"Aw..."

She approached me, crouching down so she could be near me as I got confortable. "Are you a cat that likes their belly rubbed..." her hand would hesitantly reach out to touch my white belly.
Of course my natural reflex was too grab her with both claws and bring her fingers to me for a lick and playful nipping.

"I guess not"

The rest of the daylight was spent getting to know each other. I was very curious about her, however she was twice as curious about me. Wherever she went I followed her until I couldn't anymore where then I would notice her looking back at me. Did she like me? It was hard to tell. I sniffed out all parts of her home. Her personal sleep room, A pristine bathroom covered in human clothes I napped on.

"So your name is Floyd" she would reach into the bag going for what I heard to be my food. We had been back in the kitchen. She also discovered toys, papers, and even a jingly collar.
"You do have some pretty amazing eyes" she would stare right into me, large brown orbs and a rather attractive smile.
I meow in response to being picked up as she latched the black collar around my neck.
I couldn't help but question what sort of human she was. She smelled...interesting. Fermented. And when her hands went to pet mine she had pale stripes like me along her arms.
I meow again.
"Time to eat, but you will have to chill out, I am going out tonight."
I am glad she is comfortable enough in our relationship too talk to me. All I ever want is for the humans to accept me. However I wasn't sure how I felt about her leaving. Didn't we just meet? I should be going with her. Whatever her life is I must be involved.
She set me down and hastily poured me two bowls with food and fresh water.
I couldn't resist.

Diving into my food I ate like it had been forever as she walked away. I was distracted, and soon she was stepping out of the room in a different pair of clothes talking to her phone.

Her loss.