Chapter 4

Zuar a low-level monitor worker replayed the video of the young Silvers several times. There was something about this video that captured his attention, but he could not put his finger on it. Usually when young Silvers went hunting they had a security detail in the form of a drone, which would alert them in case of emergency. He saw their interactions with the Stones but had ignored it, focusing on the detail that was working to get power back to the fence that got damaged in a freak storm the day before. He could choose to delete the video and act like it never happened. He hadn't alerted security when he should have. But he could also bring it to the attention of his supervisor with hope he did not view him as incompetent and fired him. As a Bronze, he knew the importance of keeping his tongue, but there were also moments to speak up. He made a copy of the video, making the choice to alert his supervisor.

He turned to his co-worker. "Lorry, can you watch my station, I have to deal with an important matter."

She gave him a curt nod without looking at him.

Zuar got up from his station and walked out of the very busy room filled with glowing screens and their monitors, recording in real time. He walked down the hallway nodding politely in greetings to the silvers he passed. He stood outside his supervisor's office feeling conflicted. He knocked at the door.

"Come." A muffled voice said from the other side.

He opened the door and walked in. Mark was sitting at his desk with Chief Council Derick of the Silver district on the other side. Well this was not the audience he was expecting.

"What is it?" Mark asked his dark eyes probing.

"I can come back later." Zuar insisted.

"You already interrupted me once, make use of it and don't waste my time." Mark said.

Zuar stumbled into the room nervously. "I have a recording from earlier that I think will interest you." He placed a small circular hard drive on the metal desk.

Derick gave him an uninterested look.

"This better be good." Mark placed the drive next to his monitor and the contents of the drive popped up on his screen. Zuar found the video and played it.

Mark watched intently, until the drone was shot out of the sky by what appeared to be a Stone youth. Then there was static and the screen went dark. Mark replayed the video which caught Derick's attention, he watched with interest.

"Where are the Silver boys?" Derick asked calmly.

"I believe they are back at school Sir." Zuar said.

"Did you alert security?" Derick asked.

"No Sir." Zuar said.

Derick raised an eyebrow at him. "Why not?"

"I was also monitoring the fence, I had to make a choice which was more important." Zuar answered honestly.

"You better hope they are ok." Derick warned, then turned his attention back to the monitors. "Run their tags."

Zuar zoomed the video closer to the Stone youths faces. Their features could hardly be deciphered because of the paint on their faces. He maneuvered the video the scan their eyes to get a reading, but nothing. They weren't in the Pangean database, how was that possible? He tried to decrypt their faces as much as possible and ran them in the database, there was nothing.

"I can't find them." Zuar said.

"If you want to keep your job, then you better find them." Derick threatened. Getting to his feet he took the drive up from the desk. "I will be keeping this." He buttoned up his suit jacket and walked out of the office.