♂Chapter Nine♂

This Chapter is kinda sad. I hope i made it okay even though it's short. I'd REALLY like some feedback on this chapter so... You know the drill. Might be perks for ALL who comment so keep that in mind XD Thanks fans and straggling readers. Love ya'll

♂J.C.♂

            I stood by the pond in the same place I had meet Allister yesterday. He doesn’t have school today but he told me his mom was going to let him borrow her car. That makes me feel just a little less guilty. If he came here after school and I did what I’m about to do he’d have to walk home. Then I’d be decidedly the worst person ever.

            My eyes are brimming at the thought but I have to hold them back. It has to look like I want this or he’ll figure out why I really have to break up with him. I can’t go home to that again, to Whitney covered in bruises. If I’d been there she wouldn’t have gotten hurt. It’s not like she hasn’t been hit before but never like that, because Abigail or I are always there to protect her.

            This is the only way I know to guarantee me being there.

            I jump when I feel arms go around me. I know its Allister. His arms always leave burning pinpricks where he touches and I want to hold on, pull him tighter, make the pain of the last night go away but I can’t. I can’t choose him over Whitney, over the closest thing to family I have, so I evade the embrace I crave.

            I risk looking into his eyes and have to brace my emotions for the hurt I see in his eyes. You have to do this Jacob. Geez I hate that name.

            “Are you okay J.C.?” Hearing him say my name almost makes me burst into tears. No one says it with as much care as he does. My mom used to, like I was the most important thing in the world, but she’s gone. I don’t want to give it up now that I have it again. Be strong.

            “No, yeah, I’m not sure. Um, I think we need to talk.”

            “Sure.” He looks so concerned, honestly concerned. Why does he have to be so perfect?

            If I don’t say this fast I won’t say it at all. “Idon’tthinkweshouldseeeachotheranymore.” It was so fast even I couldn’t understand it, but he heard enough. His face visibly breaks and I want to take it back, I want to so bad but I can’t.

            “Why… why would you… say that?”

            I drop my head so that I don’t have to look at those eyes. “I just think, maybe, it’d be better if we… broke up.” My voice broke on the last words but Allister wasn’t paying attention to how I said everything, just what I said.

            Without saying anything Allister starts walking away and that hurts. Doesn’t he have anything to say about this?

            “Allister wait.”