Chapter 10

Hey guys

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 10

       A thin beam of warm light streamed across my closed eyelids, and tickled the lashes resting heavily on my cheeks. I groaned at the sudden pain that shot through the back of my skull, tears pooling in my eyes. Why did it hurt so much?

       "Sh." A gentle voice whispered as something cool and wet pressed against my throbbing forehead. It offered little relief. I couldn't stop the water leaking from my eyes, even though they would not open. It hurt so much. I sobbed.

       "It's okay, relax, Lady Emrie."

       I didn't want to relax. I wanted to curl in a ball and clutch desperately at my head until the pain went away. But my body was too impossibly heavy to move. I cried harder. "No, it's alright, it's alright." The voice sounded more desperate now, the soft gentleness in it disappearing as a heavy mass moved beside me.

       My head throbbed painfully again.

       "M-Make... it... s-stop." I sobbed as the feeling of ten-thousand hammers hitting into the back of my skull rang through my brain. The gold-power was there, just simpering inside my chest- wait for the pain to kill me and set it free. More tears fell from my eyes.

       "Drink this. It will help."

       A pressure pressed against my bottom lip, and a soft, cool liquid brushed against my tongue as I opened my mouth. A wave of cold relief washed over me as that familiar blissful feeling of sleep washed over me. My breathing eased as I relaxed back into the soft platform I was lying on, the water slowly drying in my eyes. I took a deep breath.

       "Go back to sleep. You will feel better when you wake again."

       The voice didn't have to tell me twice.

-&-

       Warmth washed slowly across my face as my eyes fluttered open, the sunlight fading into night through the tiny window across my bed. I frowned. This wasn't my room at the inn. I let out a pained groan as I slowly pushed myself into a sitting position and glanced around the tiny, dark room. I blinked at the cramped space in confusion.

       Where was I?

       The hard cot I was lying on suddenly swayed, along with the room, and I gripped tightly at my forehead as the notion made me ridiculously dizzy. Male voices shouted in the distance, a bird called, and I suddenly realized the one, small window in the room was a porthole.

       I was on a boat.

       What in the world happened-

       I tried to stand on my feet, but the ship swayed again and the dizziness made me fall right back down. I let out another groan. I have never been seasick before, this was something else. But I was starting to get beyond freaked out, and that wasn't going to stop me from finding out what the hell was going on.

       The next time I rose to my feet I was able to clamp onto the small desk beside me before the shipped swayed again and the dizziness hit. My stomach bubbled unpleasantly, but I forced my heavy body to stay on my feet. I was wearing a dark green, long tunic that was way too big for me, and a pair of black cotton pants that clung tightly to my legs. I didn't bother wondering how I got changed, that would just add onto the headache already hammering at the back of my skull.