Chapter 11

Casey's POV

i found an abandoned train and just sat there for a while. until i noticed somebody come up to me.

"What do you think you're doing?" a man called to me. he was very scraggily. somewhat old, still young enough to hurt me.

"Nothing."

"Why are you here?"

"No reason."

"Are you a runaway?"

"Yes."

"You should really go back to your family ya know. they must miss you." he stood next to me on the train. "i was a runaway myself. I never went back. look at how that turned out." he gestured to his torn, mix matched clothes. "However, i did go back to my hometown, once, i saw all the flyers up. i took a look at my house. i saw my parents crying over me. i still didn't go back. it was the biggest mistake i ever made. i don't want you making that mistake too. You see, i am one of the nicer people around here. not everyone is like that. You aren't safe, you need to leave. we don't really like these city folk."

"I don't like those city folk either," i mumbled under my breath.

"It don't matter. you're one of em' and i'm sure that they miss you. friends, family. Plus, you will never have a phone, a home cooked meal, house, family, heating, air conditioning, music, makeup, not even decent clothing ever again. and the list goes on."

"Okay... i'll go back home. thank you. i just hope i can find they way." i laughed an went on my way.

It wasn't too long till i found home. i knocked on the door because it didn't feel right to walk in after i had been gone for 3 days. i want to see my parents. my parents opened up the door. my mother's eyes were red, she had been crying. she is always crying. both her and my father pulled me into a hug.

"Why did you run away sweetie?" My mom asked.

"Well, there was just so much going on in my life. it didn't help that Jenna got hit. it was just too much."

"We could have talked about this," dad said.

"No, thats the thing. i don't want to bring everything by my parents. This is personal and i don't want to talk about it with you guys."

"Alright, alright. what made you come back?"

"There was a man..."

"Did he hurt you?" mom asked franticly. she must have had the same idea as me.

"No! no! he was nice. he told me how much you missed me and that if i ran away my life would suck, he was a runaway too."

"Okay, the important thing is that you are back. come on lets get you some food and a shower."

I ate some meat and potatoes, moms specialty, took a shower and decided o calm Chandler.

"Hey."

"Casey! is that you?! Oh thank God you are back! i'm coming over!" he hung up and rushed over.

I explained to him the same as i did for my parents. He pulled me into his embrace.

"I knew i had something to do with this." he said into my hair.

"Its not your fault. if anything its Sam's."

"He didn't do it."

"Yes he did."

"No, he told me about it. he almost started to cry."

"Oh well. He can cry me a river and drown in it for all i care." Maybe that was a little harsh...

"I can't make this decision for you, but i want you to know that he cares. I gotta go, dinner must be ready by now and my family is probably wondering where i am." he kissed my forehead and left.

"Wait! Chandler! Your phone!" i ran after him but he was gone. i can just give it to him at school tomorrow.

I opened it up not trying to be nosy but i just got bored.

I saw something... weird... and then i realised what it was.

(What do you guys think it is? I'm warning you now it wont be normal. i have no clue how i came up with it but i did! i also am gonna nee to be really creative to keep the plot line! Comment vote and stuff!)