[01] the escape

Cold.

That was the first thing I felt this morning, as the brisk autumn air blew into my room.

Sitting up, I was filled with excitement, but also fear. I checked my phone (that I may have stolen) for the time. 5:04 am, perfect. I had already packed the few belonging that I own for today. I fell out of my crappy orphanage bed and slipped on some jeans, a baggy white shirt, a warm yellow sweatshirt, and my white sneakers.

The alarm that I had set for 5:30 went off

Crap, it's 5:30 already? How did I take so long to get dressed! I quickly grabbed my tan rucksack and did a quick once-over in the mirror.

" 14 tomorrow." I thought.

I promised myself that when I turned 14, I would leave this excuse of an orphanage and finally do something with my life.. That I would get out, find some kind of jobs, and bring some justice to this shitty world. Something I found very shitty was S.H.I.E.L.D, the government organization that kept secrets from the citizens, secrets that the people deserved to know.

I hated the Avengers more, though..

After all the shit that went down here in New York, I knew they were no good. Even though it's been about... 7ish years, the world still hadn't caught on to the fact that they don't save the world, they destroy it. New York, for example:Thor's brother threw a hissy fit that cost $160 billion, Stark's companies made weapons that helped kill people, and the list just goes on. That's why I, the almighty Lylah Valerian, want to give them my hell. And I know just how.
I walked to my window.

'Here goes nothing," I murmured to myself, quietly enough so that no one could hear me. It's not like I want to be caught
.

I took a sharp breath in as I opened my window all the way and looked down. God, that's a long drop.

"It's just four stories. Just four stories? Who am I kidding." I muttered, freaking myself out. Great. I took a deep breath and stuck one foot out my window, then the other. I hung onto the windowsill with one hand and grabbed onto the fire escape that was on the next window over with my other.

Here's the moment of truth. Before I could chicken out I let go and swung over. It took all I had not to scream, but the rusty fire escape was loud enough as it is and I cannot get caught.

Once I was safely on the fire escape, the rest is easy. Jump onto the building right next door (I'd always hated how close it was, but now I was grateful). Then I climb down that buildings fire escape and I'm free.

I made the jump with my heart in my throat.

"Wow, that was a nice jump, Lylah" I said, congratulating myself. I'm just glad the orphanage paid for my ballet lesson three days a week. ANd now I have to get down again. Great.

I found the fire escape on the other side of the building and climbed down. I'm just glad I don't have to jump again.

I hopped down at last, walking out of the alleyway and looking around the streets. It was kinda scary -being on my own- but it is what I wanted, after all.

"Now where oh where am I gonna go first?" I asked, taking a deep breath. Then an ida popped into my my mind and I set off in the direction of my best (and only) friend.

"Peter Parker here I come."

---

HERE IT IS! CHAPTER ONE!!

I would just like to say THANK YOU for all the support so far! i Honestly didn't think i would get this far with only a extend summary out!! ♡♡♡

I know what your probably thinking, "Why couldn't Lylah just sneak through her orphanage to get out?!", but its not as easy as you think. The River-Dale orphanage is very old, and it is easy to hear people moving around. Most importantly, the orphanage has lots of staff walking around, guarding because they have lots of bad kids there. So here's an explanation for that :) .

AND AGAIN, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

MUCH LOVE,

CAM♡♡

P.S.!!

PLZ VOTE FOR MY STORY IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH!!!

OK BYEEEEEEE!!! :) ♡