Chapter 51

I hope this is something you can enjoy!

Avery's POV

Confusion raked my mind as I thought about how Azalea had said that she needed a body to get out of there, and now mine was not being used either.

'How does that work,' I asked her in my mind.

'You mean your body? Well using your body is way to dangerous it could easily kill you, so I united both of our spirits to create an realistic illusion of myself to protect your body.' Azalea spoke in my head.

'But isn't it dangerous to leave my body without a spirit?' I wondered.

'Yes, that is why I left it in a protection circle. If it stays in there it will be safe.' Her voice was soft.

I tried to understand her words but my human mind had trouble processing it all. Things that I had believed my whole life that where not even remotely close to true, I was seeing them with my own eyes and I wondered when my mind would have enough.

For once I would have thought someone had gone berserk if they had told my a witch would take over my body and use it as her own. Well honestly it seemed pretty berserk.

I was surprised how well I had taken things just as they had come. I had no real explanation for it; even though I had been depressed, the abnormal things that had happened hadn't affected me the way I thought they could have.

Again, so many questions still left unanswered. I quickly stored them away and focused on what was going on.

Azalea had moved us away from the circle and now we where floating above the water going north, away from the castle towards a lush forest.

'Lush, but it is nearly winter.' The greenery was peculiar to me as it was in the winter months. 

Those thoughts went away as we passed the water, I felt how it called to me wanted me to use it. It held a power that was foreign to me.

When we passed the water we entered the forest always hovering a few feet above the ground.

The trees and plants together with earth emitted a power I had never acknowledged before, it was there and it was plentiful. 

I wanted to ask where we were going but I felt the presence in my head was quiet and seemed to not wanted to be disturbed.

A brush of air caressed my skin and I felt it move in front of me, it seemed different, there was power here. The air that I breathed entered my nostrils without hesitation, filling my lungs with particles of oxygen. The force it was there ready to be used.

A shiver ran down my spine and settled deep into my core as I acknowledged the elements in a way I had never before. There was power everywhere and it was endless. It was centuries old, it was ancient but it was foreign to me.

It belonged to Azalea. I could feel it but it wasn't mine to take.

Suddenly we halted and Azalea spoke.

"I need to perform an invisibility spell, I want to come unnoticed."

Before I had a chance to say something Azalea started to speak and this time I recognized the language it was Greek. 

I felt the pressure as it began building tighter and tighter. Pain slammed into me as I was sucked in to the spell.

It was gone as sudden as it had come.

I was unsure about what exactly she had done but I supposed it had made us invisible to anyone. 

We resumed the floating above ground and advanced faster then a normal walking pace.