The Walking Dead.

My name is Rick. Rick Grimes. I'm 25 years old and a King County Sheriff. I'm married to Lori Grimes and I have a son, Carl Grimes. The last thing I remember hearing is a heart monitor and Shane's voice.

Shane was there when it happened. I was on a call with him, a 2-13. A getaway car. We took  the car down along with 3 people inside of it, but moments later I was shot and carried to the hospital by my best friend and partner, Shane Wood.

I wake up in my hospital bed burning with furious fever. It's like no air is on and no lights are on. How long had I been out? Where is everyone? What time is it? I looked over at the clock but it had stopped and so has my monitor. My mouth is extremely dry so I look up at my IV bag. It's empty. I should get up to get water but I feel sick and weak, I still choose to get up anyways.

As I lean forward in my hospital bed, a sharp pain pierces my side. My gun wound. I remember it happening clearly. Like it was yesterday. As I remove myself from the bed I fall to the ground with weakness and dehydration. I yell as loud as I can for a nurse but no one comes. My voice is so scratchy but I yell again for what seems like forever but no one comes to my needs.

I finally find the strength to pull myself up and hobble to the bathroom. I put my hand on the door handle to steady my balance and walk all the way in. I find a sink and turn it wide open. I stick my head under the running water and relish in the coldness and wetness of it. I'm finally satisfied and turn it off and look into the mirror. I notice how old and pale I look.  Like my skin is to fall off within seconds but it never does. I notice sweat and dirt on my face and how I have a slight beard.Why hasn't anyone taken care of my hygiene since I've been shot? Why haven't I've been awoken? Why haven't I've been fed? Why hasn't anyone refilled my IV bag?

I shake my head of these thoughts and stumble towards my room's door. I turn the handle slightly and open the door slowly. When I open the door I notice a hospital bed in front of my door. I push it to the otherside of the hall and turn to walk down the left side of the hallway. My actions caused me to notice that the hallway is barely lit. Just enough to see. I feel sheetrock under my feet as I walk. I can also hear the buzzing noise of electricity. I continue to walk down the hall and to my discovery, I find that no one is here.