Ch. 6

I woke up on the couch. The sun was setting outside. I slept the entire day. I checked my phone and the numbers 6:15 flashed across the screen. I got up and went to my room. I took a nice warm shower then got dressed in a white camisole, black pajama shorts, and a grey cardigan on top of it all. I walked into my kitchen to start making some food.

I loved cooking. My grandparents taught me how to cook and I just immediately fell in love with it. I cook and bake in my spare time. Most of the time I end up making too much, so I give it to my neighbors. Unfortunatel, today, only one was here. I picked up the extra pizza that I made and headed over to the only person available at my floor right now. I knocked on his door, and waited.

Reece opened the door in confusion and surprise.

"Hey Harley?" He says in a confused voice

"Hi..." I take a deep breath before speaking once more

"I made too much pizza. Usually I'd give it to the other neighbors but none of them are here tonight, so these are yours." I hand him the plastic container containing the Margherita Pizza.

"Thanks Harley" He smiles at me

"You're welcome." I say before turning around and walking back to my own apartment.

"You're recently very fond of walking away from us." I hear Jaxon's voice say from behind me. I turn around to look at them.

"What am I supposed to say? Recently our conversations have been ending up with me annoyed at one of you " I say

"Touché" he says

"Enjoy the pizza, you three. I know Kaden's in there with you" I say

"How'd you know?" Reece says in surprise

"I didn't, but thanks for giving it away" I laugh a little

I walk back to my apartment before they could call me again. I got in and held my thumping heart. I may have seem really calm and collected on the outside, but I was freaking out on the inside. I know I'm supposed to be "moving on", but you can't move on so quickly. It's hard to move on from your first love.

I sigh as I sat on my couch. My home felt very...lonely and sad. I think I need to redecorate. I pulled my laptop to my lap. I began working on my paper for English. Not even 30 minutes since I got settled in my couch, I hear the doorbell ring. I stood up and opened the door, only to close it immediately.

"I don't know if you're stupid or you just don't get it, but I'll say it now. I don't want to have anything to do with any of you." I say loud enough for them to hear

"Painful sweetheart" Jaxon says

"Please open the door, Harley" Reece says. I roll my eyes and reluctantly open it.

"What?" I ask. Annoyance dripping from the single word.

"Uhm...here's your container" He hands it back to me with a sheepish grin.

"Is that it?" I take the container from his hands. Jeez they eat fast.

"No. Do you have some more food? Most of the delicious restaurants are closed by now." He says

"I'm not your chef." I cross my arms

"Pleaseeee. We're hungry" He begs. I sigh and open my door wider. I could use the company...

They enter one by one. Jaxon was the last to go inside. He waited for his friends to go in before turning to me. His cocky facade slightly fading.

"You okay now?" He whispers. I tense up at his words. Oh yeah...He was the one to comfort me earlier. I smile and nod my head.

"Come on in." I usher him inside. We make our way to the kitchen where the boys have seated themselves at the breakfast bar.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask them. They all turn to each other to decide.

"I'll surprise you then. Are any of you allergic to something?" I ask. Kaden slowly raises his hands.

"What is it?" I ask

"Peanuts"

I nod my head and begin to work. As I cooked, they chatted amongst themselves. The atmosphere felt so comfortable. My house felt alive for the first time. I smile lightly as I . They were messing around and laughing. It made me feel happy myself.

"Hey Harley?" Reece says. I hum in response.

"Do you cook your own food every night?" He asks

"Yup. I always end up making too much, so I give it to our neighbors." I say

"Why don't I ever receive any?" He whines

"Because they always take it all before it could reach you."

"Starting tomorrow, I wanna be the first to receive your food." He says

"And why should I do that?" I raise my eyebrow at him

"Because we're friieeenndddssss" He says. I chuckle and turn my back on him

"Not even close" I say

"That's pretty hurtful sweetheart" Jaxon says

I felt the classic butterflies in my stomach as he said that. I poured the sauce over the fish and served it immediately.

"Voila!" I say as I serve it.

They thank me and immediately dig in. One by one they moan in delight. I can't help but feel proud at their reactions.

"This is so freaking good." Reece moans

"What is this?" Jaxon asks

"Sole Meunière. It's a classic dish from France." I say as I poured each of them some Sancerre, white wine.

"It goes amazing with this white wine." I add

They take a sip and moan once more. I laugh at their reactions. They act as if it's the most delicious thing in the whole world. After all their praises on my cooking and a bit more talking, they go back to their own homes. Jaxon stayed behind for a bit.

"Remind me again why you're here" I say as I sit down on the couch. He takes a seat on the other end of the couch.

"I wanted to see if you're really okay." He says

"I'm really fine." I insist.

"But...thank you. Thanks for...being there and comforting me. I was not expecting that, but thanks." I smile thankfully at him

"Yeah...It's the least I could do after being such a dick." He says

"Yeah...so uhm thanks again. I...yeah." I hug myself awkwardly

"H-hey...I just wanted to uhm...apologize for being a huge asshole." He looks down ashamed.

"It's fine." I wave it off

"No. Let  me explain. It's just...when I heard you had a crush on me, I tried so hard to make you not like me anymore. I...I'm an asshole and a player as you know. I don't want you to like someone like me. You deserve someome better. I'm not the guy for you."

"So...I tried being  dick to stop you from liking me. But...I actually do like hanging out with you. You're a really great person, and you're so much fun to hang out with. So with the past behind, do you think you and I could still be friends?" He looks up at me with a small smile.

Oh. God.

I smiled at him. I needed time to think about all this.

"Goodnight Jaxon" I say before closing the door. I heard him sigh behind the door.

"I knew it. I fucked up." He mumbles. I hear his footsteps going further and further until I could no longer hear them. I rush to my room and plop down on my bed.

So many thoughts were running through my mind right now, but there was one that stood out.

Oh. My. God.

///////////////////////