Tony

I get back to the house before the guys wake up so I grab a quick coffee and shower. Vic is first up.

"Hey Tone, how's Emily doing?" he asks.

"She has to be in hospital another week and the bandages on another week after that. Her dad said this was the first time the specialist had done this operation on someone who had been blind since birth, but he's hopeful it's done some good" I tell him.

"Great news then" he says, smiling.

"Do you think we would be allowed to visit?" he asks.

"I'll ring her parents and ask, ok" I say.

I get my phone and ask and they say that would be good. Mike and Jaime come down soon after and we eat before heading to the studio for a few hours.

Visiting isn't until this evening so we work on the new album until we can go.

When we get there, her parents say they're briefly going home to eat and change their clothes. They haven't left the hospital since yesterday morning.

"Hey Princess Emily" says Jaime.

"Hey Jaime" she says in reply.

"How ya feeling?" says Mike.

"Bored, sore, tired, bored, hungry, bored. I hate being here so much. I have to just lie here all day doing nothing".

"Here, you can borrow my iPod" says Vic, handing it to her. "You can use this to relieve the boredom if you like. It's loaded with all sorts of music".

"Aw, no I can't take that" she says.

"Yeah you can" insists Vic, putting it in her hands. "I even brought the charger" he says, pulling it out of his pocket.

I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends.