Chapter 20

Jake. That boy had almost vanished from Lola's mind! He had to be almost an adult now. But heck if Lola knew how humans aged.

Lola barked once and slammed into the gate. It shook and shivered each time her body slammed into its hard metal.

"Mother what is going on?" Lily tapped, her eyes frightened but her tail waged with excitement.

"We're getting out of here." Lola responded. She ceased her attack on the gate and looked around. The walls around her reach all the way to the ceiling while the gate only reached half way..

Lola hunched back and jumped into the age, her paws gripping the links. She slowly but surely made her way up. She braced herself and jumped down. "Hmph. Coulda done that before." She huffed. And turned and rose on her hide legs on the gate and pushed the bar up, opening it and allowing Lily to come out.

Lola and Lily padded up to the door, it was a swinging one so getting out would be easy.

"Wait for a moment, Lily" Lola whispered as she peaked through a crack in the door. Many people walked by, but that's when she saw the boy, her boy,  Jake. And low and behold. With him was Mom! They had some papers in their hands but who cares about those. She braced herself. She waited until the opened the door to the outside.

"Now!" Lola barked and pushed to door open and made a dash for the door, Lily behind her. They skidded across the hard floored room until the made it barely through the door.

There! Jake and Mom where going into a car! Lola dog her nails into the Concrete and raced across the parking lot. As soon as Jake shut the door, Lola was on it. She put her paws on the window and barked.

"What the fu-" she heard Jake yell before looking. "Holy.. Mom, is that Lola?!" He turned to his mother in the passenger seat.

Lola whipped her head around as Lily growled. Two people came out of the building with a noose and net.

"Woah, Woah!" Jake came out of the car and put his hands out.

"Watch out! This is an aggressive dog, get back in your car!" One of the men yelled.

"This is my dog." Jake retorted "she was stolen two years ago!"

"She has no tags and was found in the woods. She's covered in scars. You fight her, boy?" One of the men asked.

Jake grunted and flipped the bird. Lola was suddenly hoisted into the car, Lily as well. The door was shut and Jake got in the car.

"Hey!" The men shouted as Jake and mom pulled away.

Lola wagged her tail and let out a low cry. She was going home.