Chapter 11

I stood outside Jungkook's door a few days later. I hesitated knocking but built up my courage and took a deep breath. I lightly knocked on the door but no one opened it. I wanted for a few minutes and the door slowly opened. Jungkook walked out with dark circles and puffy eyes.

"What happened to you?", I asked.
"...Just a little tired...", he said opening the door wide open.

I stepped inside and immediately noticed a pile of empty beer bottles on the kitchen table.

"You were drinking!?", I asked. "Jungkook, for starters you're underage, and do you know how unhealthy that is?"

I counted the empty beer bottles.

"Six bottles?", I asked in shock. "How did you even get these?"

Jungkook shrugged and plopped on the couch.

"You're always making me worry about you...", I muttered cleaning up the beer bottles.
"I thought we were just friends?", he replied.
"Well- Can't friends worry about each other?"

Silence filled the room.

"If something's bothering you we can talk about it.", I said sitting on the floor right in front of the couch.
"Everything's bothering me.", said Jungkook rolling over on his back.
"Like?"
"Sohyun... My mom..."

.Jungkook turned his head and looked at me.

"...Us.", he said quietly. "Why are you even here?"
"I came to check up on you after you stormed off yesterday.", I said.
"I had every right to."
"I'm not saying you didn't have a right. I was just suggesting you should make up with your mom."
"I.... I can't. I just can't."
"Why? Because of what she did? Or because you just can't admit the fact that she actually cares about you?"
"..."
"Jungkook, I know it's not my business to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your mom. But... I just want you two to be happy and try to talk things out."
"No, I get it..."
"It takes time to heal scars... some just take longer than others..."

Jungkook suddenly groaned loudly.

"What was that?", I asked.
"You can't keep doing that.", he said sitting up.
"...Doing what?"
"That."
"That... what?"
"You... caring so much."
"Excuse me?"
"You... care too much about me and it's throwing me off"
"That's what's friends do-"
"Enough. Enough with this friend bull crap."

Jungkook then suddenly leaned in.

"Do you still like me?", he asked with a serious expression.

I didn't respond.

"Do you still like me?", he asked louder.
"No.", I said with a straight face.
"Lies."
"I'm not lying."
"Yes you are."
"Jungkook, why are we doing this? I thought we agreed to just be friends?"
"A friend wouldn't do this."

Jungkook cupped my face and slowly leaned in. I had a chance to reject him but I soon found myself leaning in as well. Our lips touched and we shared a passionate but gentle kiss. Our lips parted and Jungkook smiled.

"I think you just cured my hangover.", he said.
"I-I should go.", I said blushing.

I turned my head away but Jungkook shifted so we were looking at each other yet again.

"Somin.", he said. "Do you still like me?"

I hesitated to respond at first but then I slowly nodded. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around Jungkook's neck and leaned in for another kiss. We shared another passionate kiss and our lips parted.

"Some friend you are.", said Jungkook smiling.
"I still think this is wrong.", I said.
"Why?"
"Because Sohyun remember? What would she do if she found out we just kissed while she was in the hospital."
"I'll explain everything to her. What's more important is that I can't lose you."
"Jungkook."
" I pushed you away, I ignored you, I broke your heart... I can't keep doing that. I care about you too much to do that."
"I was no better. I never listened and misunderstood everything."
"So...Does that make us even?"
"...I guess."

Jungkook leaned in again but I stopped him.

"Wait.", I said putting my hand out in front of him.
"Oh come on.", he said.
"Tell Sohyun the truth first."
"She's in the hospital. You want me to go there right now?"
"Obviously not now."
"Then why can't I kiss you."
"Because I have morals, well somewhat, and I don't condone kissing other girls while one is in a relationship."
"Somin, you have no idea what has happened in the past month but I have a feeling you will soon. Just trust me when I say this... Sohyun and I were never a thing."
"...What?"
"It was cover for something, but it'll make sense soon... I hope."
"You can't just say it so vaguely like that."
"Do you trust me when I say you'll understand everything soon?"

I sighed.

"I trust you.", I said.
"Good.", he said smiling. "And... I'm sorry."
"You don't have to apologize."
"I do. I put on this facade of being tough but in reality I'm afraid of facing things head on. You were right about Sohyun, you were right about my mom... This just validates how much you mean to me. Just please be understanding."
"I promise I won't misunderstand anymore."

Jungkook smiled and patted me on the head. It felt nice knowing that Jungkook and I made up. The only worries I had was how Sohyun would react when she found out. I anticipated the day Jungkook told her and I soon found out why everything between Jungkook and I fell apart.