Chapter 4- Time for imagination

It's getting dark now. We still have another hour drive. We drove in mostly silence except for when Wheeljack was telling how he crashed. I was barely paying attention. I didn't need to know anyway. All I could think about was what I was going to tell them. I couldn't tell them the truth. It's none if there concern. I have to pretend that I met Charger some how. There are so many different questions they could ask me. How will I be able to answer? I'm not human. I know very little about humans. I try and stay away from them. I've done an okay job until I got captured. But those men weren't human. They may look like it. But they were evil. Horrible beings. I'm glad to be away from them. I start to hear someone yelling at me. I realize it's Wheeljack. "Shelby...you there!?!" He yells to me driving up next to me. I look over at him. Of course I don't expect to see anyone. But I look anyway. "Yes? Can I help you?" I ask him. "How much further do we have to go?" He asks. "We only have about 20 miles to go. Almost there." I tell him. He slows and gets back behind me. My mind starts to wonder again.

            "Alright this is my home." I state as we drive down my long driveway and up near my shop. While everyone transforms I drive into my shop and get out. I have Charger transform as well inside. I notice Wheeljack, Bulkhead and Bumblebee run over to his ship. They are probably going to finish the repairs. Optimus, Rachet and Arcee come into my area. Rachet immediately notices my computer systems and starts asking questions. But Optimus tells him to stop. "This is quite a home you have made for yourself. Charger must get the best care here." He says to me leaning down to my level. I look over at her then back to him. "She does. She takes care of me. I take care of her. We are all each other has." I tell him. "Can you tell me how long she has been on Earth for? And how you too met?" He asks calmly. I look at her and start to talk. "She has been here for as long as the war has been going on in Cybertron. She was very young when she came here. But she survived. I met her after I rescued her from humans who had captured her. About 20 or so years ago." I technically didn't lie. "How come she can't speak?" I look at him. "She refuses. Ever since she got captured." I look down at the ground. That was a lie. "Thank you for saving her." He stands up and turns to Charger. "I know you have established your self here. But would you and Shelby like to join us at Team Prime?" Before I could answer. "Optimus! We don't know anything about them. We can't just bring them back to base. What if she's lying? Or she is something worse. We don't know." Rachet said. I can't really say that hurt. Cause I'm not telling the whole truth. "Optimus. Thank you for the offer. But we are just fine here. We help others as they come along. We are happy with doing just that." I told him. "Do you help more than just Autobots?" He looks down at me. "I help anybot in need of help. Like I said I'm neutral to the war. I don't care what side your on. We will still help a hurt or sick bot." I explain to him. Optimus nods his head and turns away. He walks out and the others follow.

          I sit down on my chair and stare at Charger. I'm not sure what to do at this moment. I have a bunch of Autobots walking around my home. I'm scared honestly. I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I walk outside and have Charger follow. Got to keep up my story. It's not that easy. It's not easy to multitask my mind and have it do two things at once. Some things I can and it's easier when I only have to hide from one bot. I walk next to Bumblebee, Charger behind me. "... no readings. Where are we, Optimus? How can one neutral and one human be able to create this kind of technology. I can't even read her signature. It's like she don't exist." I overheard Rachet saying to Optimus. "Rachet, she must have her reasons. We can't force them." He told him. He never even tried to ask me. I wouldn't mind telling them about some of my tech. But oh well. I hear beeping and buzzing sounds. I look up and realize it's Bumblebee. Because I wasn't paying attention I didn't hear what he said. He wasn't even talking to me anyway. But to Charger. "She doesn't talk." I look up and tell him. 'why not?' he asks me. "Because she chooses not too." I tell him looking at the ground. He gives me a sad look. 'Did something happen to make her choose not too?' his beeps got others attention. "She was broken down and tourtured. They wanted information she didn't have. If she gave a wrong answer or an answer they didn't like, it was worse for her. She's afraid to say the wrong answer." I had turned around and was looking up at her. She was staring down at me. The memories came flooding back. 

         Tears started to stream down my face. Soon I realized this. I ran back in my shop, forgetting Charger. I needed to hide. I can't handle this. I heard pede steps coming to living area. I was now up in my bedroom. I sat next to my bed facing the wall hugging my knees. "Shelby?" It sounded like Wheeljack. He must of saw what happened. "Shelby please come out and talk to me." He asked again. I still ignored him. Then I heard another voice. "Charger needs you. She's frozen outside. She won't move." It was Arcee. I realized I made a mistake. I made her walked back inside and turn into vehicle mode. "She just went into vehicle mode. Please come out." It was Wheeljack again. "I think we should leave. Shelby if you can hear me. I would like to come back and check on you. I hope that will be alright with you." I heard Optimus say. At this I got up and went to the window. Drying my tears. "You don't have to do that. We will be fine. We always have been." I say to him. "Optimus even though my ship is now fixed. I would like to stay one more night with her if that is alright?" Wheeljack asked him. I am shocked. No one has ever stayed because they wanted too. "Permission granted." Optimus turned and walked out. I saw Rachet come up to him and point to a data pad he had. As well as a worried look on his face. He has realized that they can't ground bridge out of here. Rachet looked at me. Questioning look. Or was it scared. "Autobots vehicle mode. We have to get out of range to ground bridge home. Shelby how far out does the shield you have go?" He looked at me. "Once you get past the driveway, you will be good to go." I told him. "Thank you and we shall see you again." I nodded and watched them drive off. All except for Wheeljack.