FC

It's hard to explain what happened that day, it happened so fast, first we were on dry land, and the next we were all drowning in the ocean.
I, like many people, was able to hold their breath and swim to safety, but as I was swimming away, I glanced back to see Shu, floating there, unconscious. My eyes widened as I realized what had happened, she got the full blast of the water when I poured out, unlike most of the others, who just got swept off their feet by the shockwave.
I swam over and hoisted her over my shoulders.
She was writhing and twitching, if she didn't get out of the water soon she would dry drown. Her lungs were filled with too much water, so even if she was above the surface, she still needed the water to be removed.
I swam as fast as I could, trying my best to flow with the current out the front door.
We washed out onto the abandoned streets and I quickly set her down to perform CPR.
I did my best.
I tried everything.
Nothing worked.
The paramedics arrived and took her away from me.
I ran after the ambulance, trying to reach her.
No matter how close I got, she was always farther.
I ran until I couldn't run anymore.
I stopped, caught my breath, and then ran some more.
When I ratchet the hospital, I told them who I was here to see, but the doctors were busy.
So I sat there in the waiting room.
For hours.
        And hours.
                   And hours......
She
           Has
                            To
      Be
                  Okay.......