Sleeping Beauty

A king and a queen had been trying to have a child for years. When the child finally arrived, they called her Aurora. A great holiday was proclaimed to celebrate Aurora's birth. Visitors came from far and wide, including three good fairies, named Merryweather, Fauna and Flora. One of the most distinguished guests was another king from a neighboring kingdom, who brought his son Prince Philip. Both kings realized that their dream of a united kingdom could now come true.

The three good fairies began bestowing their gifts upon Aurora. Aurora received the gift of Beauty, and gift of Song but before the last gift was bestowed, a wicked fairy interrupted. This wicked fairy was upset that she wasnít invited to the party, so she cast a spell on the day of Aurora's 16th birthday, she would prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die.

The third good fairy had ít bestowed her gift yet, and she was horrified at the spell the wicked fairy cast. The good fairy wasnít strong enough to undo the spell, but she was able to dilute it a bit instead of death, Aurora would fall asleep until her true love come along to undo the spell with a kiss.

As a precaution, all spinning wheels were removed from the kingdom, and Aurora lived in hiding as a peasant with the good fairies for protection. She grew up, met Prince Philip, and fell in love. On the night of Aurora's 16th birthday, Aurora, Prince Philip, and the good fairies all went back to the castle to live. But the evil fairy snuck into the castle and pricked Aurora's finger with a needle, causing her to fall asleep. With the help of the good fairies, Prince Philip kissed her and she awoke. They all lived happily ever after.