Seven Years Later

Hello hello. Like I said in the Author's note at the beginning, the rest of the story is not in River's POV but the main female's. It's also in first person perspective unlike the previous chapter. I'm new to first person writing though so please don't expect this to be perfect. :)

This chapter has not been edited.

***

"Oh my God, are you even listening to me?" gossip queen Emma screeched. 

I turned to my best friend and exaggeratedly rolling my eyes, "Sorry sweetie pie, I'm distracted by my Prince." 

My friend turned to the direction of my gaze and sighed, "Dude, I love that you're into some guy and all, but sitting around and just staring at him isn't going to feed me. Go talk to him or something!"

"Are you crazy?" 

The people on the surrounding tables all turned to face us, making us lower our voices. 

"He's a doctor, he probably has a million followers like me. I don't want to bother him with my useless presence." 

"So instead you have opted for stalking?" Emma berated. 

"I am not stalking him!" 

"U-huh," she said, her head tilting in his direction, "so you started working voluntarily at this hospital from the goodness of your heart? Oh wait, you also dragged me along with you for my own goodness, am I correct?" 

I giggled, "Spot on." 

Emma sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Out of all the people I could have possibly been friends with, how did I end up with you?" 

I laughed at her, lightly punching her arm. 

"But seriously, you know everything about him, from the colour of his notebook to his address. That's honestly beyond creepy.

"But it's not like I'm going out of my way to get all that info on him. He works at the hospital and I volunteer here. Do you know how much the nurses talk? Not to mention, I often come across him here and there, it's only natural to pick up things."

"You know that he takes vitamins before breakfast and after dinner everyday. You also know that although he can drive, he rides his bike to and from work because he has a fear that the car may explode." 

"Hush! You're making me sound like a creep! Like I said, I only know those because the nurses talk a lot." 

Emma rolled her eyes, "Seriously, if you're not going to talk to him, stop doing weird crap like this. Once he finds a girlfriend, you're only going to be hurt." 

I turned back to face my prince and sighed, "I have been crushing on him for three years now, if he was going to date he would have done so by now. He's too into his work to care about dating around though."

"So basically he's a workaholic. Explains why he hasn't noticed a crazy girl following him around everywhere." 

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my friend, "Don't you have to go babysit or something? Leave me in my own company, please." 

She laughed before starting to pack her bag. 

"Aren't you going to leave?" 

"Dr. Yates has a surgery in two hours. I'm going to wait until then before I go home."

Emma narrowed her eyes, "No, you're going to pack your bags and leave with me."

"What? No, I'm not. I--"