Prologue

A nice, peaceful, cool breeze blew as it danced across the soft green grass and sparkling water. In the reflection of the water, the shining stars were bright as they covered the dark, black curtain in the sky. The tress swayed with the wind as it began to whistle while it blew through the leaves and branches.

In between a group of trees were a large group of dozens of starry shaped figures, who were all standing in a circle around a light brown she-cat with white spots and green eyes. Next to the she-cat was a light brown and white she-cat with orange eyes.

They both looked around at the starry figures that were made out to be cats. The light brown and white she-cat looked towards the other she-cat as she laughed a little "Are you nervous?"

The other she-cat didn't make eye contact with her as she starred at the starry cats as she responded quietly "Who wouldn't be? Receiving nine lives is not like a hunting assessment."

"That's true...but Graceleap, this is Starclan we're talking about. You have nothing to fear." The she-cat reassured as more Starclan cats began to appear around them.

"I know you're right, Dawnmist." Graceleap responded warmly as she rested her tail on her Medicine Cat's back hopefully.

She smiled in reply as she dipped her head and backed away as nine Starclan cats stepped forward to face Graceleap. The first cat who was on the far left stepped closer as it was a tom-cat approaching her.

"Greetings Graceleap. I am Stormwind, I was deputy of Brightclan before you were born." He said calmly as they both dipped their heads in respect towards each other.

He touched his nose to her head as he spoke softly "With this life, I give you strength. Use it to push through all the rough times you will go through in life, as they may try to bring you down."

He took a step back as a smaller she-cat next to him stepped forward. Graceleap looked down at her a little confused. She looks like she's only an apprentice! She smiled happily as she spoke "Hi Graceleap! My name is Lakepaw! I was an apprentice many moons before you were born!"

Graceleap smiled in reply to her as she dipped her head "It's nice to meet you Lakepaw."

Lakepaw stretched her neck up higher as she touched Graceleap's head. "With this life, I give you wisdom. Use it to make huge decisions without negative thoughts, even if cats think otherwise." She paused before saddening "I died trying to fight off a fox...but at least I saved Shimmerstone's life!"

Then a female voice purred as Lakepaw stepped back "I still ended up dying moons later anyways. Still, that was very brave of you, Lakepaw."

Graceleap looked up to see Shimmerstone approaching her with a calm tone in her voice "With this life I give you patience. There will be cats who will not do their part, but with time and patience, your clan will thrive."

Graceleap dipped her head back in reply as more and more cats came up to give her, her nine lives:

Lilypad gave her a life for optimism.

Breezetail gave her a life of courage.

Coalstep gave her a life of knowledge

Quailwing gave her a life for kindness

Smokerunner gave her a life for mentoring