S A V I O U R

Jesse's P.O.V

Did I really die? Although I see an extremely blinding white light, I don't feel that I'm dead. To which I respond with a dissapointed sigh.

Or maybe death feels like life? But I don't think heaven is this stereotypical. At least, not my heaven. My heaven is just the dim glow of darkness and some good music.

Until a door slams.

"Jesse! Are you awake?!"

Lucas. Everything comes crashing back to me. The emotions and the feeling of my broken heart deep inside my chest. I grit my teeth and keep my eyes closed.

"Sir, you must understand. This is family only," someone says, probably the nurse. I sighed in relief when the door closes again, engulfing me in a blissful silence.

I survived. Damn it.

They say that if you fail to take your life, it means it's not your time yet. I say fuck that.

I'll try it again. I'll make sure I leave this hell hole.

"We know you're awake, Jessica."

I sighed and opened my eyes to meet the stern ones of my mother.

"I was hoping you would be as oblivious as your were all these years," I say, my tone stiff and cold.

"I am not an oblivious person. I just trusted you enough to think that you can take care of yourself," mother answered. I chuckled.

"There's a fine line between trusting enough and actually caring," I retorted.

"Jessica, what were you thinking?" mother said, looking exhausted. I opened my mouth to answer but she continued before I could.

"You could've ruined our family! Our reputation! Everything!" she said, her voice a controlled scream. Not too loud since she doesn't want anyone to hear.

But the words stung. My own mother doesn't care about me when I tried to commit suicide. She only cares about herself and her wealth. I let every emotion from my face drop, leaving a blank mask.

"I am extremely sorry that your precious reputation is threatened by my effort to end my life," I say sarcastically. A fury burns inside mother's eyes, but I keep my eyes cold and flat.

"Do not joke about this! You were almost all over the news if your father didn't stop the media!" she shrieked.

"You care more about your wealth and reputation then the mental and physical well-being of your suicidal daughter?" I say, my tone still emotionless. My mother's face immediately softens and she shakes her head.

"No! I didn't me-"

"Just get out," I cut her off, pointing at the door. She seems outraged for a second before her eyes flit towards the freshly bandaged scar on my wrist.

"Was I really such a bad mother that you killed yourself?" she asked, her voice softer now. I scoff and rolled my eyes.

"Don't be such a narcissistic bastard. You weren't all of it," I answered curtly. She nods and rushes out the door.

"You're really awake."

I groaned and slumped back onto the bed. "You are the last person I want to see right now."

"I know," Lucas says softly. He climbs in through the open window and sits at the side of my bed. I scooted as far away from him as the small bed would allow me.

"I don't want to see your fucking face ever again you cheating son of a bitch," I growled, turning away from him. I saw Lucas flinch a bit, but he persists and touches my arm gently.