Turtle Facts [Lams]

"What?!" John squealed, sitting upright. "We're going to the zoo!"

Alexander grinned and nodded, holding up a pair or tickets. John squealed again and flung himself at Alexander, hugging him.

"Oh my god I can't wait!! You're the best boyfriend ever! Let me go grab my stuff!"

With that, John raced up the stairs, eager to see the zoo animals.

---

Alexander and John walked hand in hand, looking at all the animals. Suddenly, John let out an excited shriek.

"Oh my god!!" He squealed, shaking Alexander. "They have turtles!!" He practically yelled, before dragging Alexander over to the exhibit.

"Ack! John, slow down!" Alexander shrieked as he was nearly pulled to the ground from John's rush.

"Not a chance!" John whooped. "The turtles are waiting for me!!"

John raced ahead, obviously feeling that Alexander was much too slow. Alexander rolled his eyes, but a smile played at his lips, before quickly following his boyfriend.

He found John standing with a bunch of five year olds with his face pressed against the glass, staring intently and in awe at the turtles.

"Alexander! Look at them!" John said excitedly once he realized Alexander was there. "Aren't they beautiful?"

"Yeah, but we still have a bunch of other stuff to see so we can't stay for long-"

"Did you know that turtles are one of the oldest and most primitive group of reptiles?"

Alexander blinked.

"And their shell is like a modified ribcage!" John continued.

Alexander arched an eyebrow. "Uh, cool?"

"They are very adaptable and can be found on every continent! Except Antarctica of course but still! Isn't that incredible?!"

Alexander opened his mouth to respond, but John had already moved on.

"And they're super anti-social creatures! Except with other of their kind. Kinda like you Alex!"

"HEY!"

"They're omnivores, meaning they eat both meat and vegetation."

"I know what omnivore means-"

"All turtles lay eggs. They find a place on land to lay them, dig a nest into the sand or dirt and then walk away. No species of turtle nurtures their young. Kinda sad right? The poor things have to grow up without their parents."

"John..."

"And yet sea turtles travel from the ocean to lay eggs on beaches. Usually, sea turtles lay around 110 eggs in a nest, though the flatback turtle only lays 50 at a time."

"Okay John I get it!" Alexander sighed. "Can we go see something else now?"

John stared at him, looking offended. "But these are my people!"

"John!" Alexander moaned. John gave him the puppy dog eyes, knowing full well that Alexander couldn't say no to them.

"Argh!" He relented. "Fine! We can stay a bit longer."

They ended up staying until closing.