열셋

Jin laid on his bed, his body still as he stared up at the white ceiling. His brain trying to place all the pieces together.

He thought carefully, starting with the game. Normally, a game would catch his interest. If the game didn't seem to be something like Mario Cart, then he was never interested. This game, the game with no name.

He felt drawn from the beginning, as if it was something that had happened before. Picking people who would die, their punishments... none of that was ever even close to Jin's normal habits. He enjoyed it, he wanted people to suffer, but there was still him somewhere in that brain of his. He felt bad, he didn't want to play, but it drew him in. He felt powerful, dangerous.

Then she popped up. Everything about her was familiar, but Jin had never acknowledged it. Her face, it played in his mind like a movie, she felt so real in a world that felt fake. As if she had been something to him before. When her eyes were cold, it wasn't really her. Not the real Y/n. When it was just them, her eyes were pools of emotions, her eyes showed concern... maybe regret. But the one that showed the most, longing.

There was no way the real Y/n played a part in this dark game. The game.

The game is real, isn't it?

The deaths.

The crimes.

Was Jin a murderer? Or was he simply to curious... trying to find an escape without realizing.

If the game truly had no escape, then why did the death count stop at 300? There was no way to continue, or was that why there is no escape? You can't finish the game.

The game finishes you first. It will tear you apart, make you go insane until you question everything. Maybe it was a dream, maybe it was Jin's hell.

The only thing that really made sense was her. The girl that had made everything feel real. She knew him, but he didn't know her. She lives in the shadows, Jin lives in darkness surrounded by shadows. Shadows of what used to be, or what actually is.

"Am I dreaming, or am I dying?"