𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

August 4th, 1989

The information from Ben's house only opened up a new rabbit hole of possibilities. Constant meetings between you and Bill took place apart from the group in which you discussed the possibilities of It having something to do with the disappearances of your siblings. No matter how heatedly you argued over it, one thing went undebated; more kids were going to go missing if you didn't figure out what was going on soon.

That was what led you to the Neibolt House.

You all entered the house with caution, huddled closely together like a pack of penguins. "Ri-Richie, (Y/N), E-Eddie, Rich-chie, and I-I will go upstairs. You g-guys go f-f-f-find the well," Bill says, pointing to the two sets of stairs that led either up or down. Everyone nodded and unlatched themselves from the security of the pack, slowly shifting away to do whatever it was that they were told. "We're in It's house now," You squinted, hating the mere thought. "We play by It's rules."

After the excruciatingly long hike up the steep, rotted stairwell, you came across the first of two upper floors. This one had a thin, singular corridor with the entrances to rooms lining each wall. Unconsciously, you and Bill reached for each other's hands and hoped that the tactic that seemed to work in your early childhood would once again ward the evils away. With Richie taking the lead, your group slowly began the descent down the eerie hall. You had yet to notice the disappearance of one of your friends.

At the very end was a room that opened up into three different rooms, two of which were sealed off by locked doors. A loud slam sounded behind you and all three of you turned to find that the door that you had just walked through had been sealed shut. Eddie screamed from the other side, "ITS GOT ME! OH DEAR LORD ITS GOT ME!"

You pounded on the door but to no avail. The sound of creaking wood was heard along with a crash and the shattering of glass. "Eddie!" you all yelled in unison, ears still ringing from his high pitched cry. Before you knew it, one of the doors against the far wall opened up to reveal a completely darkened room. Obviously without thinking, Richie ran in headfirst and once again the door clicked shut behind him.

You abandoned your previous goal of freeing Eddie to attempt a rescue of your other friend. Once you realized that neither of these doors was going to open, you backed away, meeting Bill, who must've had the same idea, in the middle of the room. Together, you circled the ashy wooden floor back to back, in hopes that nothing would sneak up on you anytime soon.

"What's happening, Billy?" You asked, shuddering uncontrollably with fear. The middle door flew open and banged itself against the wall. He gripped your hand tighter, intent on not letting go. He squeezed as hard as he possibly could but it wasn't enough. An invisible force found its way through his grip and snatched his (Y/N) away. "NO!" Bill screamed, grabbing blindly after it. You were dragged into that room with a fearful look etched into your face, fingernails scratched at the floor, leaving long and unsettling indents. "William!" You cried, eyes glazed over with tears. He froze. It was the first time you had called him that since the October of last year when your little siblings went missing.

"It's all my fault, William," (Y/N) sobbed, trying in vain to hide her sniffling. It was only days after the incident and the police were rampaging the Denbrough household. The only place you could find peace was the cellar, where you had barricaded yourselves in a dark corner, using only the overhead bulb for light. You flinched when the heavy footfalls sounded from up above, along with the occasional radio transmission. "N-no it isn't," He had whispered, running his hands through your silky (H/C) hair.

He partially agreed with her statement. It wasn't however just her fault. It was both of theirs. They had both made the tiny paper creations and sent them off into the unknown. They did it and they did it together, just so they would be left alone for once.

Bill's face hardened as he desperately maneuvered throughout the room, testing each door but with the same result, a bloodied wrist, a pair of bruised knuckles, and a choked sob. "(Y/N)!!" He screamed, the house trembled at the sound of his cracked and broken cry. "RICHIE!! EDDIE!!"

(A/N: Ohhhhh cliffhanger. Sorry about that. I promise it all works out ok in the end...or will it? Also, I don't remember if they said this in the movie or not but Bill's full name is William. Stuttering Bill was his nickname but the Losers just call him Bill. So yeah, there's that little heartbreaking scene for ya'. /Second AN: 2 years later and I still think this is the best-published fanfic I've like ever written. It was obviously not the best on a grammatical scale but I can't even compare my writing style today to this. I peaked in 8th grade.)