Eight chapter - Punching bag

„This has been a consistent problem. It's been one month since everyone found out about the split and he won't stop with this nonsense.", Alice sighed.

„People love drama.", El said and took a sip of her hot tea, with her stare fixated on the laptop on the counter in the kitchen.

Alice was standing on the other side of the counter, right across from her. Finally, Eleanor looked away from the headline in the gossip magazine.

„He's going over the top with this false accusations.", Alice told El sternly. „We have to do something about this."

El took a gulp of her tea and sighed. „What do you have in mind?"

„I got you a spot on a talk show tomorrow. You need to clear out your name, sweetie."

„Alright.", El accepted unenthusiastically.

Alice turned off the laptop and closed it with an exhale. „Just be your usual self, people adore you."

„People adored me.", she corrected. „And now everyone thinks I'm a cheater. Because of Theo."

„Don't worry about it.", Alice smiled softly and took El's hand, squeezing it encouragingly. „The truth always comes out. Lies have an expiring date."

„I hope you're right.", El smiled at her manager.

Alice went around the counter so she could hug Eleanor. She rubbed her back in a comforting way and they stayed in the embrace a bit longer than usual.

A knock on the front doors echoed through the flat.

Eleanor went to the door while Alice took her laptop and followed her.

„Hello, lads.", Eleanor greeted the twins, giving each a brief hug before they got in her flat.

They all greeted Alice and then she was on her way. The twins settled on the couch while Eleanor brought them something to drink. She had a cup of her tea in her hands, with her forearms resting on top of the sofa.

„So, how are you feeling?" Gray asked.

„Oh God.", El sighed, her shoulder slouching. „You saw it too?"

They both nodded.

„We don't believe it, though.", Ethan smiled at her.

„Thanks.", El smiled briefly.

„He's a douche, El.", Gray spoke, a hint of anger in his voice. „He's not worth even thinking about. You're so much better than him."

„I was so confused as to why he's so persistent...", El talked, looking through the window and thinking about her time spent with Theo.

„You mean, he was a pain in the ass.", Ethan corrected.

Eleanor chuckled at turned to look at the twins. „Exactly. It wasn't in his nature to plead for something and try hard with things that don't work."

She sat down on the sofa next to the couch. „We had some problems prior to our breakup. And then, when he started to act like a complete douche... I broke it off. Blocked him. Even you scared him off!"

Grayson chuckled. „Well, I do look pretty dangerous."

The three of them laughed in unison. Eleanor shook her head at Gray.

There were a few moments of silence as El looked down at her lap, the twins watching her intently. „And then, he came to the airport. Went completely mental."

Gray and E shared a look of mutual understanding, remembering the day that Grayson spent feeling awful because of the photos of the ex-couple. He got it wrong. They didn't make up. Quite the opposite, they were fighting that day.

This just shows how deceiving photos and articles can be.

„Turns out...", El chuckled bitterly. „He was only with me for the fame. He got quite good gigs while he was with me. And now... He's even lying about our split, telling everyone how I cheated on him."

„So, what are you gonna do?" Grayson asked carefully, not wanting to distress her further.

„Alice said I should do an interview and explain my side of the story.", she shrugged. „Maybe it'll help."

„That sounds like a good idea.", Ethan nodded.

„Gosh, I'm so mad I want to punch something.", she mumbled with a heavy exhale. „Or better yet, I want to use him as my punching bag."

The brothers giggled, glancing at each other with an amused look.

„Well, we're gonna take your mind off those things.", Grayson announced, standing up and smiling widely.

„Exactly.", Ethan stood up too, next to his brother.

„I'm intrigued.", El grinned. „What's your plan? Can I use you two as punching bags?"

They both shook their heads before Ethan spoke up again. „Remember the other day when you promised that you'll go surfing with us?"

„Oh no.", was her immediate reaction.

„Oh yes.", Grayson smirked and went over to the sofa, taking El by her hands.

He made her stand up, although she tried to convince him that surfing was a bad idea.

„It's perfect outside. Just take your swimsuit and we got everything else covered.", Ethan told her as he made his way to his apartment.

Grayson was still holding her wrists, but softly, smiling at her as she vigorously shook her head.

„Gray, I don't know how to surf."

He rolled his eyes, grinning. „You said that already. Like, a hundred times."

„But...", she pouted, but before she could protest further, he took her by the waist and lifted her up. Then he put her over his shoulder and carried her to her walk-in closet.

„Gray!" she exclaimed, giggling uncontrollably. „Put me down!"

„Only if you take your swimsuit and say you'll go with us.", he said with a proud smirk on his face.

She held onto his muscled back, trying not to ogle at his bum. She mostly failed at that. It was unbelieveable how strong he was, lifting up and carrying her around with such ease.

„Alright!" she accepted, chuckling still.

He carefully let her go, setting her down on the ground in front of him.

„Glad we have come to an agreement.", Gray smirked and she punched him on the arm playfully.

„I'll be ready in 10."

„You better be."