Chapter 19

It felt like forever as he stood outside my door. I held my breath not sure whether I wanted him to come in or not until he finally made up his decision. The handle turned and a small smile crept onto my lips as he closed the door gently behind him. I kept my eyes closed as he bent down by the side of my bed.

"Sophie." He whispered thinking I was asleep.

"Yes?" I opened my eyes and he fell back shocked. I sat up quickly and held in my laughter at his reaction.

"Not funny Sophie." He said dusting himself off.

"It was." I said still laughing. "What are you doing in here anyway?"

"I...uhh...." He sighed scratching the top of his head. "Look, I'm sorry. I really am sorry. If you'd have just told me I would've stayed, I would've-"

"I know Zac." I interrupted him as he sat on my bed with his hands in his hair, elbows on his knees. I didn't realise how much this would effect him, I guess it was an act now and deal with the consequences later decision.

"I'm sorry." He muttered again.

"It's as much my fault as it is yours I guess." I shrugged leaning against the headboard.

"I shouldn't have left." He continued to mutter to himself. "I knew you wanted to say something but I-"

"Ok Zac listen." I said gaining his attention. "You have no idea how difficult it was for me, in the 11 hours from the time I found out to the time you left for LA. There was this constant battle in my head fighting both cases." I smiled remembering at panic state I had been in all night.

He nodded and waited for me to continue.

"Part of me wanted to tell you, be honest with you but I also knew you wouldn't have gone to LA for those six months if I had. The other part wanted me to not tell you so you could have those six months without worrying about, well, a baby. But then you promised to come back for me in six months and I wanted to tell you. I was going to but......anyway, I figured you could go enjoy yourself but still be back in time for the birth. I didn't want to hold you back but I also wanted to be selfish and keep you all to myself. Either way, I was scared of the out come."

"I wish you would have told me earlier." He muttered.

"But you wouldn't have gone to LA, you love singing, anyone can see that. I would have hated to be the one who held you back from living you dream."

"But still,"

"I know and I was ok with you going but you were meant to come back, kind of messed up my plan there a little bit."

"Sorry." He mumbled through his hands. It was silent for a moment as I debated on asking the one question that had been on my mind for years. I honestly didn't know if I could handle the answer, whether I was ready or not but I guess there was only one way to find out.

"Why didn't you come back?" My voice was barely a whisper but I may as well have shouted. He didn't answer or move for what seemed like hours but was only seconds. I regretted it as soon as I said it and was about to open my mouth when he sat up straight and stared at the wall infront of him instead of looking at me.

"My career was more successful then they planed. Within four months I had recorded, released and reached number one. Within the next month I was number one in other countries as well. Once in a life time opportunities opened up for me that not even famous people had recieved and my manager's boss put me on tour as an opening act straight away to gain more fans.

"Honestly, I was too caught up in everything that I forgot about everything else." He swallowed hard. Everything else mostly meaning me I guessed. "This was life changing for me, an opportunity I couldn't turn down. No one could turn it down if they were in my position." God, if only he knew I actually had.