14. The Graveyard

After taking a short stop for all of us to figure out where we were heading next, I was back in the impala with my boys. The ride was silent except for Dean's rock music blasting through the speakers. All of a sudden we came to a stop on the highway, noticing a ton of cars blocking the way.

We weaves through the tons of cars that were around, Dean being extra careful to make sure no scratches were being put on baby. No surprise there. We all came to a stop as something had happened with the RV. Everyone hopped out of their vehicles and made their way to the front of the RV.

"I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times, dead in the water." Dale complained.

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asked him, as he walked around keeping an eye on the area.

"Oh, just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of.... okay, that was dumb." Dale trailed off as we all watched Daryl start searching through the vehicles for supplies.

The rest of the group went to discussing about searching through the cars for supplies while I just took off to see what I could find. I didn't have time to listen to Lorie try and talk the group down from doing this when it could save our lives.

Everyone ended up going in their own directions, searching for supplies, getting more gas, fixing the RV, and keeping a lookout.

Shane and I had both ended up staring down a big truck that could've been filled with water. We both shared a glance, trying not to get our hopes up as we both grabbed the door and pulled it open. We were both grinning like idiots and Glenn quickly joined in, since he was only a few feet away.

"Ain't this a sight for sore eyes, honey." Shane said to me as he swung his arm over my shoulder. Glenn's grin quickly faded just a little as he noticed the uncomfortable look on my face. I just decided to brush it off as though Shane was just excited about having water.

I turned around and walked off, shrugging Shane's arm off as I did so. I went off in search of my brothers, not missing the glare Daryl was shooting at Shane.

I met up back up with my brothers who were both scavenging through cars together. Sam was helping out with trying to get more fuel for the cars, and Dean was just looking for anything useful.

"You find anything good yet?" I asked as I approached Dean, who was leaned into the backseat of a car.

"Well, old man here was packing. Other than the gun, there's some clothes. Here go through these." Dean said, pointing at a small pile of women's clothes he had found for me.

As I was digging through the pile, happy that Dean had managed to grab clothes that were the right size, I heard a noise that quickly caught my attention. It was faint, but my hunter senses quickly picked it up. The low, disturbing, groaning sound that could only come from one thing.

My head snapped up at the same time Sam's did. I quickly smacked Dean on the arm to get his attention. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off the sound of the walkers.

From where we were standing, we still couldn't see any of the walkers yet. But we did see Rick running from the RV towards all of us, yelling at Lori to get under the cars and searching for his son. We quickly followed Rick's instructions and got under the cars we were near. I was under a car with Dean, Sam was under the one beside of us.

"Dean! Where's Cas?" I whispered to him.

In a matter of seconds, Dean sprung out from under the car and took off running. Before I could go after him, Sam quickly crawled under the car with me.

"Don't. Dean's smart. He'll be fine." Sam reassured me.

We lay there in silence watching as all of the walkers slowly make their way past us. I look over at Sam once it appears that all of the walkers are gone. He just nods his head and we slowly try to make our way from under the car. We quickly jump up as we hear Sophia screaming just a couple of cars over.

"What happened?" I quickly asked Lorie and Carol, who were standing by the edge of the highway looking into the woods.

"Two walkers... went after my daughter." Carol said through sobs.

"Rick went after her. Dean and Cas went in too." Lorie said. I just shot Sam a look at this.

"Sophia will be fine. I'm sure of it." Sam said while trying to reassure Carol.

------------------------

"You sure this is the spot?" Daryl asked Rick as we stopped at the pond of water in the woods.

"I left her right here." Rick said with frustration.

"Got clear prints here, did what you said and headed back to the highway." Daryl informed all of us as he looked at the tracks in the dirt.

Glenn and Shane headed back up to the highway to try and keep the others calm. Leaving just Rick, Daryl, Dean, and I to follow the trail.

"Maybe we should split up? Daryl and I will follow the trail, you two can look around for anything else?" Rick looked to us. Dean and I just nodded our heads before walking off.

"You know what this reminds me of? The running, chasing, adrenaline rush." Dean asked me.

"Purgatory." I simply answered, not missing the way a sense of calmness took over the two of us.

We walked in silence just a little while longer before coming across the body of a walker. Dean just made a face before continuing on, while I stood in my spot, staring at the walker.

"Hey Dean, just because the world has ended doesn't mean you can get sloppy on me now."

"What are you talking about?" He turned to me with an insulted look.

I simply pointed down at the walkers body. Dean just glanced at it with an annoyed look before the realization hit him.

"Is that..." Dean asked, not really believing that our old life was coming back.

"Typical head wound to kill it, major claw marks, and would you look at that, his hearts missing." I said, smirking at my brother.

"Werewolves." He said, clearly missing the hunting life like I was.

"What are we gonna do?" I said, referring to the group of people we were with, who knew nothing of these things or how to kill them.

"Son of a bitch."