7

When Y/N got out of the dentist office, I got a face time call from her, and I answered immediately. Her face pops up on my screen and I coo at her. It's obvious the right side of her face is numb and she sighs.

"I'm a wimp."

"No comment." Tobin says off screen and I sigh.

"You're not a wimp babe." I say and she whines. "You're just human." I say and she pouts.

"I miss you." She says and I smile at her.

"I miss you too."

"You should come visit."

"I wish I could baby. But I can't. You're not the only pro rookie." I say and she smiles.

"Heh, Heh, you're a rookie." She says and I sigh.

"How heavily drugged are you."

"Hey Tobs, my girlfriend's last name is a sound effect." She says to Tobin before giggling. "Pugh Pugh! Pugh pugh pugh!" She says before giggling again and I just smack my palm against my forehead.

"That's how heavily drugged she is, okay." I say to myself and shake my head. "Take care of my girlfriend for me, Tobin." I say before hanging up.

-
Y/N
-

The next day, at practice, Tobin smirks at me and I furrow my brow.

"What, Heath?" I ask and she tosses me her phone which is playing a video of me yesterday. "I hate you." I say and she chuckles.

"No you don't." She argues and I sigh because she's right. Fuckin love my big sister.

-

After about a month, Tobin had been out for three weeks with her back, and I was playing in her place, but today was an exciting one because we just landed in D.C. I get to see my baby and everybody hates me because I was so hype on the plane. Sonnet is keeping Kling away from me because she wants to punch me in the mouth. As we get to the hotel, I get a call, and answer it without looking at who is calling me.

"Hello?"

"I'm picking you up at eight and there's no saying no." Mal says before hanging up and I chuckle before laying down on the bed that hadn't been claimed yet. I hope the required attire is casual, because I don't own anything fancy. I'm a broke kid just out of college playing professional soccer. The team spends the day just relaxing until I get up and get ready to go, then everybody starts buzzing about this outing with my girlfriend. At eight, right on the tick, Mal walks into the lobby and over to me, holding her hand out to me, and I put my hand in hers, intertwining my fingers with hers as we head toward the exit until Kling cuts us off with Tobin on her phone in a FaceTime call, since she was in California for rehab. I miss my big sister.

"I want her back by 10." Tobin says and Mal nods. "Y/N, you be careful." She says and I nod. "Okay, You two can go now."

Once we're in the car, I turn to Mal.

"How'd you know where I was staying?" I ask and she smirks.

"I have my ways."

"So you just texted Tobin and asked."

"Yeah."

"My brave Knight facing the scary big sister." I say, laughing as Mal smacks my thigh gently.

"I will leave your ass on the side of the road."

"What about the rest of me?"

"I'm so done with your shit."

"No you're not." I say, taking Mal's right hand and kissing the back of it.

"Damn, you're right." She says as I set our hands in my lap.