More than Words // Jay x Nya

This very short oneshot is for Fan-Of-Jay (although she has already read it on FF).

[Technically, I am cheating because I am putting this oneshot in the same book as the other oneshots for Jay-Lightning's challenge...  hope this is okay!]

Challenge: "The best and the worst thing about love is that; it cannot be expressed in words."

This theme reminded  me of the amazing rock ballad "More Than Words" by Extreme (I hope the link works!), which is where I took the title from.

Pairing: Jaya

Setting: The ending of Skybound (yeah, I just love messing with this season...)

——-

More than Words

"And what are you implying by we?"  Nya asked, putting her hands on her hips in an annoyed stance. But...  something felt off. Hadn't they been here before? What in the name of the FSM was going on?

Nya's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the familiar choppy sounds of helicopters approaching.

"Quick, they're coming." Lloyd shouted, and the five male Ninja immediately did airjtzu to take cover behind a large billboard, leaving the female Water Ninja on her own on the hospital roof.

"Nya, you need to hide, too." Jay called from his hiding place abover her.

Yeah, thanks for the advice... although, thinking about it, the guys were right. They really needed to go... somewhere. But where was that again?

More confused than annoyed, Nya ignored her friends and turned her back on them.

"Ugh, forget what I said. Just take my hand." Jay urged her, as the press helicopters were already circling overhead.

"Just take his hand, Nya." Cole agreed with his best friend. "Or else we're gonna be... spotted."

Yes, something was definitely wrong here, and telling from the tone in Cole's voice, Nya wasn't the only one who had noticed it.

As she turned around again, she saw that her teammates had removed their masks, all a slightly confused look on their faces.

"Nya. Take. My. Hand." Jay said one more time.

And  when her eyes locked with his, Nya finally remembered. The Djinn. Their wasted wishes. The lighthouse. The wedding. The venom. And... Jay's final wish from the heart.

Her eyes fell on the blue Ninja's outstretched hand. I am here for you. It said.

Nya removed her hood and smiled at him. I know. The smile replied.

Remembering  the events on Tiger Widow Island, she activated her own airjitzu to fly  up to the platform. But instead of joining her friends, she extended  her hand towards Jay. And I am here for you.

He smiled back and accepted her hand, entering her tornado. I trust you.

As they went higher into the sky, Nya took his other hand, closing the circle, and gave it a careful squeeze. Forgive me.

He squeezed back. I do.

After what felt like an eternity, they safely landed back on the hospital roof, holding onto and smiling at each other. I love you.

"Woah, did I interrupt something?" Yes, Dareth's voice definitely interrupted their moment.

But right now neither of them seemed to care.

"I remember. I remember it all." Nya stated happily.

"I do too." Jay laughed. "But how?"

"Who cares?" Nya asked. And the wink she gave him definitely told him: Not me.

And then, she gave him that look. The look he used to get a lot but hadn't seen in a very long time. The look that said Shut up and kiss me.

And Jay still understood it very well.