01

jessica

--------

I was brushing my teeth when heard the deafening screech of my mom from downstairs.

"JESSICA ROSE O'LEARY! Get down here now! You're going to miss the bus!"

Ugh. High School. The place where fights, drama, and relationships happen.

"Jessica! Get down here, NOW!"

"Geez! I'm coming, I'm coming." I scream back.

As I was screaming at my lovely mother, I rummaged through my closet to see what I should wear. I decided on a pale baby blue skirt, a floral white crop top, white converse, a feather necklace, and round sunglasses.

I just moved to Australia a few months ago from America. My mom saw that it was a better job opportunity. It also was an opportunity to get away from the person I despise most. My dad.

"Jessica! I am not driving you to school!"

As I was running down the stairs, I didn't hear any noise coming from my brothers room. I was about half way down the stairs so I marched back up and pounded on his door.

"Chris! Get up! You're going to be late!" I screamed as I pounded on his door.

The sound that I heard sounded like there was another person in his room. It also sounded like they were doing the dirty, if ya catch my drift. I shook off the disturbing the thought and walked pasted his room into the kitchen.

"C'mon! Hurry up!" my mom screamed at me.

"Mom, I'm right here, no need to yell."

"You know not to call me 'mom'" my mom scoffed at me.

"Yeah, whatever. See you after school."

I grabbed a banana and walked out of the door to the bus. As I took the long venture, I pulled out my phone and played some music. The first band the came to my mind was The 1975. I put their album on shuffle and the song Sex came on. When I almost was at the bus stop, I saw the bus pulling away.

'This is not my morning.' I thought as I ran and tried to catch the bus.

"Wait," I shouted as I ran as fast as I could, "UGGHHHH!"

--------

I finally walked into the school. Even though I was about 20 minutes late. I walked into the main office and ran into something hard. I looked up to see a male about my age with a dirty blonde quiff.

"Watch it." the unidentified male spoke with a foreign accent.

"Well good morning to you too." I scoffed as I walked passed to get a late pass and go to my 3rd period class.

--------

The rest of the classes went by in a blur and it was finally lunch. Hallelujah. I immediately spotted my best friend, Caroline, sitting at our lunch table where it's least noticeable.

"Hey. How was being late? Did Kerzee get mad?" Caroline immediately asked me before I even got to the table.

"Well hello to you too. Oh just peachy and no."

"Dang I wanted to see you-" Caroline was abruptly cut off by silence.

My back was sitting away from the door where everybody had their attention averted to the person, or little did I know persons, standing in the doorway.

"Looks like Tabithia has got herself a new man candy to drool over." I sneered as I looked at her victim. It was the male that I bumped into this morning.