Chapter 3 | Reading Lists and Submission Guidelines

Our Reading Lists

Our Reading Lists

Anti-Heroes and Awesome Antagonists: Because we all root for the villain on occasion and if that's what your story does, it probably belongs right here!

Girl Power!: This one's all about the ladies! If your story's main character is a kick-ass female hero or villain, this is the place for it!

Heroic Humor: Superhero stories that tickle one's fancy.

Mutants and Masterminds: Think X-Men, and you're not going to be far wrong. If your story deals with powers gained by genetic manipulation or evolution, then we'll put it here!

Myths and Magic: If your story features supercharged Gods, Goddesses, Angels, Demons, or any conceivable otherworld or powers gained via magical means, this is your place!

No Power, No Problem: Technically, Batman stories would go on this list but it's fair to say he'd probably kick our butts if we did that! This is the list for non-powered heroes, stories all about folk who put on capes, masks, and costumes even though they're everyday people!

Super Love: If your story details the budding (or established, of course) romance between a hero and villain, a hero and an ordinary human or, indeed, an ordinary human and a villain, then it needs to go on this list!

The New Guys: For those folk amongst you who've created and written about your own superpowered individuals, this list is for you!

Submissions

Are you excited to have your story featured? We are too! Please keep reading to learn how to comply with our reading list submission guidelines. Once your story meets the requirements, feel free to submit it through the form linked in our profile bio.

Submission Guidelines

1. Grammar and Spelling

All stories should have good punctuation and spelling and care must be taken in ensuring the story has an overall good quality.

2. Solid Plot

The story should have a well-thought-out plot and be compelling, with a beginning, a middle and an end-even short stories have structure.

3. Completeness of the Story

Stories should be complete and marked as such in order to reach out to more readers who might prefer complete stories. If it's still ongoing, the story should be updated regularly within the last 2 to 3 months. Please do not submit stories on hiatus.

4. Guidelines Compliant

All stories must be compliant with Wattpad’s Content Guidelines and be appropriately rated. If a story contains mature content, the mature rating must be on so that can know readers what to expect.

5. Acceptable Language

At this time, only stories written in English will be accepted as we currently don't have other language capacities.

6. Serialized Books

If you have a series, please submit only the first book in a series. Readers like to sample the wonders of the story from the beginning of the saga.

7. Suitability of the Story

Your story should be relevant to the superhero profile and not be out of context.

FAQs

Are mature stories allowed?

Yes, as long as they abide by  Wattpad’s Content Guidelines.

Is original fiction accepted?

Yes, of course! As much as we love fanfics, original fiction is just as important.

How will I know if my story has been accepted?

The profile will get back to you via your inbox if you story is added to our reading lists.

Can I re-submit a story that has previously not been accepted?

Yes, of course! Please ensure your story meets the guidelines explained above. Take note of grammar and spelling.

What if I submit my story to the wrong reading list?

If we feel the story is good enough to be in one of our reading lists but would fit better in one it was not submitted to, it will be passed to those in charge of the appropriate reading list.

How long will it take for my story to be reviewed for inclusion in the reading lists?

Due to the number of entries received, we urge you to be patient as we go through them.

Can I send you my story via Private Message (PM)?

Stories sent over PM will be considered as spam and therefore not included for vetting. Please use the form to submit your story.

Need any help in crafting a story? Check out the Writer Resources!

Please note a submission does not guarantee you a spot in the reading list. All submissions undergo a level of screening before a decision is made. This is to ensure our readers get quality stories for their reading pleasure.