Part 7

I walked into the office to see Zoe, Cynthia, And Larry.

"So um... I heard you were good friends with... with my brother," Zoe hesitated, but finally broke the silence as I gave a simple nod.

"What was he like?" Larry rushed out as Cynthia looked at him, hit in in the shoulder and gave me a sad smile.

"What he means is... could you tell us about him?" I could tell she almost stuttered, as I nodded and lowered my head.
I knew tears were welling up in her eyes but I couldn't look at her, I especially couldn't look at Zoe.

It's not that I hated her, or blamed her.

She just looks so much like...

like him.

"Do you think you could have dinner with us tonight?" Cynthia asked, as I nodded, before they could ask about my parents and shifted my blank expression to the counselor who was next to us the entire conversation.

"You are excused to the day"

I again nodded as I walked as sturdy as I could before I got out of the front door.

Then I fell against the brick wall and screamed.

tears streamed down my face and fell soaking the hoodie.

I screamed and cried out as if I was loud enough if I was loud enough... he would come back.

I yelled his name, and hugged my sleeves, then pulled my oily hair and rolled up into a ball.

my screams decreasing to whimpers and shivers.

I pulled myself up and trudged myself to the orchard.