chapter one

So, it's my semestral break in school and I spent all my time updating my stories.

Hope you enjoy reading this!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R O N E ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"James, hey, wake up."

He tried to shrug off the hand shaking his shoulder, "Go away."

She rolled her eyes, "Get up!"

James only shifted his weight, giving his back to her, murmuring something she wasn't able to comprehend.

"Fine, you leave me no choice."

The next thing he knew something cold splashed onto his face. He shot up from his comfortable position and began to cough furiously. His eyebrows knitted in exasperation but quickly changed to a confused look when he saw Allie standing before him, "Als?"

"About time, sleepyhead."

He groaned, wiping his face dry, "Where are we?"

"I don't know exactly," They stood up to look around. Allie observed that judging from the metal walls and steel floor they were standing on, they were no longer at school. "I think we're back home." she reckoned.

James peeked his head out to see the dark hallway with only faint lights surrounding it, but the various electronic-slash-techy things that made up the vast room proved that they were indeed back at their place.

"I've never been to this part of the facility before though," he curiously glanced around, "But it seems like it."

"So Uncle Tony's weird looking invention was a teleporter?" she gasped, astonished, "Ooh! I've got to tell him about it!"

"You're such a nerd," he claimed.

She scoffed, "You just don't like the fact I'm smarter than you."

"Shut up."

She stuck her tongue at him. James raised an eyebrow, "What are you, five?"

Allie gave him a frown, then noticed the window outside indicated it was already night-time. She knitted her eyebrows in confusion, glancing at her watch, "How long were we gone? I'm sure we just stayed for about an hour."

Her brother shrugged, "Don't know and don't care. I just want to rest."

She let out a sigh, "You're right. Come on, then."

They began to make their way towards the exit in the dark hallways. After they rounded a corner, finally, the familiar sight of the elevators greeted them.

James noticed the button panel beside the doors, as well as the thumb plate beside it. Their parents and the rest of their uncles and aunts agreed that the most effective way for security is to install a fingerprint scanner on the elevators. Only the Avengers, their children, and some of the most entrusted SHIELD agents were given access to the upper levels in the facility.

He glanced at the sign, Level 2. It read. But their rooms were located on Level 4-B, so he pressed on the arrow pointing upwards.