Chapter 21: It's Official

The next morning, I had class. I sat in my seat next to Lewis and smiled at him. “How was your week?” he asked me. I shrugged and pulled my notebook out.

“It was fine, I guess,” I answered.

“So can I take you out again sometime soon?” he asked. My smile fell and I shook my head.

“I can’t… Hayden wouldn’t like that very much,” I said. Lewis chuckled and shook his head.

“I knew it,” he said. “You two are a thing now, aren’t you?” he asked. I shrugged.

“More or less,” I answered, not really ready to admit it. Lewis chuckled.

“It’s okay, Jordyn. I saw this coming,” he said. I shrugged and turned to my notes. He saw this coming? All I saw was us bickering and playing around. The class was interesting for the most part. Afterwards, Hayden picked me up and we grabbed a quick bite to eat before we went to the warehouse. Because we had to do the lyrical in two weeks, we were going to have practice every day to make it perfect.

Hayden put his hand on the inside of my thigh and rotated it so that my hip turned under. My back was pressed against his chest and my arm went up behind his neck. I pointed my toe and looked towards my foot. I smiled gently and lifted my leg higher and Hayden’s hand slid towards my knee and turned it out even more I bent my other knee and jumped and Hayden caught my other thigh. I held on to his neck as he tilted me towards the floor. He set me back down and kissed me. Sophia was here again. She only rolled her eyes.

“We need to start perfecting this dance like… yesterday,” she said. I chuckled.

“We’ve been working on it for weeks now,” I corrected her. We got with our partners and started. I made sure that whatever we did was perfect for the ball. Afterwards, Hayden and I were still dancing. I smiled as I pulled a heel stretch and Hayden held on to my ankle. I let go and tossed my torso towards the floor. My hand went to my cheek for a second before I positioned myself upright again and circled my leg back down to the ground. My body was pressed against Hayden’s before I arched my back down. Hayden kissed my neck and I giggled. I stood straight up and smiled. Hayden grabbed my hand and spun me in a circle.

“Our practice is over, you know,” Lana said. Hayden smirked and looked at Lana before he looked at me.

“I love you,” he mouthed. I kissed him deeply. His hands went to my lower back and he pulled me closer to him.

“I love you too,” I said in a soft whisper. I pulled away and started pulling him towards the exit. “Let’s go home,” I said suggestively. Hayden’s eyes glanced around before he smirked at me.

“Bye guys,” he said, following me out of the door.