Flash~

Encased in a  warm, lined autumn coat, Daehyun follows Youngjae out of his door, and embarks on their trip to the group photo shoot. Mazing through the street lights that were illuminating the dull, breezy evening, the couple strolled down the road. With a cloud of cold air lingering from his mouth, Youngjae asks, "I wonder where everyone else is?"
Daehyun glances at him thoughtfully, and shrugs before continuing to walk to their destination. To their surprise, the rest of the group were not only waiting for them, but are outside, spotlighted by lit signs, and occupying the doorway completely. "It's about time you showed up!" shouts Zelo down the road playfully, shyly covering the laughter on his face. Gradually, all of the members unite at the entrance, and are invited inside. The after effects of the biting wind outside becomes apparent through red, streaking down every nose and cheek in the area, and many are frequently met by immature slaps from each other.

Closely and comfortably, everybody huddles together on a waiting room sofa, anticipating the call for the shooting. Himchan and Jongup sit next to each other in one corner, hitting each other on the arm gently, while Zelo and Yonguk are stuck next to Daehyun and Youngjae, who are fighting about which one gets the final seat. After relentless squabbling, they agree on sharing the space, squashed so closely that Youngjae's face is buried in the fur hood of Daehyun.

Finally, the call erupts, triggering the boys to flood into the set room. Different people leap to investigate props, from flowers to microphones, while Daehyun drags Youngjae to the mirror to exercise facial expressions and poses with each other. The positions they thought up were so intricately thought of, much like an abstract painting, except the subject of the work was quite evident -- their relationship.

Everybody gathers around for the opening talk centred around the schedule, before dispersing into the set and hitting poses as naturally as it will come. As the time progresses, and the hands on the clock climb further clockwise, the members loosen up until the shoot is plastered in spontaneity and fun. Music hummed in the background, pushing them to be as natural and free as possible, and eventually the scene evolved into a group of playing boys. Some leaned on others like pillows, while others subtly danced and swayed together. Mouths were silently mouthing lyrics of songs, and the faint whispers rapidly progressed to a loud chant - all terminated by the call of the director. The group shots were over.

An isolated Daehyun is greeted by the gentle hands of Youngjae, carrying two coffees and biscuits. Without hesitation, he plants himself next to him. "Looking forward to the shoot with the beauty?" He asks mockingly. The response offered to this was a soft punch on his arm and a nervous smile diffusing across his features. Blushing, he replies, "not really, I don't know how to go about the kiss images...." He hides his face in embarrassment. Out of the blue, Youngjae looks around to count the number of eyes on the pair, and it amounted to nobody. He then pounces at Daehyun's face and kisses him before quickly pulling himself back away from him. Overwhelmed, the couple just stare at each other, before snapping like a whip back around to recount the number of spectators. Still none. Shyly, Youngjae says, "just like that", and smiled upon seeing the other man's expression.

Happiness gleamed in his eyes, and a small, satisfied smile crawled across his skin slowly. They finished their coffee together as fast as possible so as not to skip the queue for the his individual shoots, and cheerfully scoffed the Bourbons on the fragile paper plate. Daehyun's favourite. The call for individuals blared loud and clear, and he leapt up to the set again, but not before Youngjae discreetly wipes the chocolate residue from his soft, plump cheek. "You go for it, " he whispers, with an encouraging grin.

The group watched his photos, as he was the lead for the upcoming concept, bunched up closely on another sofa. Following every admirable pose, an applaud was showered onto the actors, accompanied by stunned whispering of the witnesses. Like a juvenile, every time the audience was rewarded with a position facing them, absurd and hilarious faces were pulled. Attempting to hold a glass to his mouth to drink for one, Youngjae scrunched up his face tightly and exposed his glossed, crystal-white teeth as if he were a rabbit, causing the fluid to shoot from his mouth out of laughter.

Next came the scene he were most unsettled about. The nerve could have radiated from his expression, and the hidden shaking of his hands was another telltale sign of his concern. He glanced towards the watchers for reassurance, and was glad to be met by Youngjae's smile, a small nod of the head, and a mouthed boost when he located his face. He dived in, seemingly confident, to finish the shots, and was welcomed back to the group by laughter and claps after he was done. Members pushed him around light-heartedly, but congratulated him on his skill and maturity before leaving home lone with his partner with once again.

"How was it?" He inquired politely, but not entirely seriously. To this, Daehyun turned and gazed into Youngjae's deep, beautiful eyes and unexpectedly answered, "better with you..." He then turned away from him, embarrassed. Waiting I'm the shadow of the final shoot, he pulled him closer to him and snuggled next to him, as one would with their lover.

The door swing open carelessly, and the call for the final event on the schedule was announced.

Music seeped out of the speakers behind the bedroom set, contaminating the atmosphere with happiness. The pulse shook the laminate floor like a magnitude, amplifying the positive vibes in the room during the final stage.
The finale was partner shots, conveniently arranged so that Daehyun and Youngjae were together, and due last in the shooting. After everyone else had finished their time, they had headed home due to tiredness but the last couple were determined to stick together until the very end.

Finally, after the set was refurbished, the final two were called through to work. Their only guideline was to have fun; and that was exactly what they intended only doing.

Daehyun threw a cushion at Youngjae to provoke a fight, but the item missed his face and flew right past him. He turned immediately and leapt at him, hearing the constant click of the camera shutter.  His hand spread over Daehyun's eyes, and below that hand lie a huge smile. He reached behind him to tickle the combatant, and from his flinch, he could flee. Shutter lights flashed vigorously, like strobe lighting in theatre, capturing the moment where the two men fell into each other - the blow cushioned by the bed behind them. On the verdant bed sheets, the couple rolled around uncontrollably until both were out of breath, tired and surrendered to one another.

Through the brawl, pillow stuffings had rained over the set, covering the boys in a mountain of it. The rhythm of camera snaps had stopped and the only audio left in the room was two sets of heavy, yet steady, breathing. "That's a wrap!" Was called by the director, and they were permitted to return home after the eventful day. On the way out, Daehyun, like a ninja, slid biscuits into his pocket for later, then pounced out of the building, free for the week with his partner.

The night was dyed in darkness, but the stars didn't fail to inhabit the sky. Looking at the stars, Youngjae absentmindedly stated, "Do you know what I've learned today?" Daehyun looks up from his collection of biscuits in his pocket, and begins, "Um....that I'm the best actor in BAP?"
The response from this was a chuckle and a slight sideways glance, but he then reverted his gaze back up to the stars. "Haha true." he says. "But I've also realised how much I enjoy spending time with you..." Dreading the expression in his face, Youngjae rolls his head down to look, and to his surprise, he is just pulled closer to him. Daehyun leans down to his ear and whispers, "I love you."

There was a childish silence after that, and a colossal smile on his face, as he continued to walk as if he hadn't heard that. Quickly, Daehyun's hand reaches over his mouth and he says, louder this time, "I said I love you. Youre not saying anything. I said I love you! " He laughs, "say I love you. SAY IT!!" He pulls his hand away and the couple stumble over each other in laughter. Through the wheezing, Youngjae manages the words, "I love you." And is rewarded with an embrace. To save his hands from the cold night air, he slides his fingers into Daehyun's furlined pockets, meeting hard objects as he does. He tightens his face then loosens to a laugh as he guesses what was in there, and his hand retreated. His expression was warm in the freezing darkness, and he offered a kiss to the cheek before proceeding. Slowly, they walk, hugging each other relentlessly, eyeing the stars as they smile, alone; but together always.