Chapter 5-Ethan's rage

Noah took back his words. He immediately said he was just playing with me, that it was a joke and he apologized. He must think I'm stupid. I know my son better then anyone, he looked and spoke seriously. There was no crack in his sentence and he looked clearly hurt. He probably took back his words because of my silence. It made me turn around and stare at Zoe. She was talking to her husband and laughing like she was having the best conversation in the world. Maybe Noah thought I'd go over there and kick her to the next universe...because let me tell you that's what I wanted to do.

I just lied to my son and told him it's was okay and to not make a silly joke like that ever again. This day was going so good but ended so bad. Hugh walked over to Shawn and talked to him for a bit, he at one point stared at me and smiled. Which made Shawn and Zoe turn around, I quickly turned my head and grabbed Noah's hand "let's go"

The drive home was silent and deadly. Noah looked over at me more then once. "Mom you okay?"

"Yes"

"You know what I said was a lie right? I hope you're not still thinking about it..."

My throat started to burn and my heart would not stop racing. I didn't know if I was angry or upset..maybe both. I didn't want to jump to conclusions, I wanted to ask Ethan myself..I wanted to ask him if he was cheating.

And then what Hazel? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to leave him?

I stopped at a red light and looked over at Noah. He watched my face like a book and I was just thinking about the future. If I left Ethan...everything would go wrong. I'd be back to where I started when I was a teenager. But this time I don't think he would even allow Noah to be around me. And he is my love. I can't live without my son. Ethan had a lot of power.

Just breathe Hazel...breathe.

"I'm fine Noah..I'm just really sleepy..."

He didn't look pleased by my answer. He sank down in his seat and stared out the window.

Once we got home I spotted Ethan's green Ferrari in the drive way indicating he was home. Why was he early? Alright whatever, gives me time to talk to him

I opened the door to spot him on the last step on the stairwell sitting down. He looked angry as he was still in his work clothes. He didn't even take off his shoes, and he knows that's one of my biggest pet peeves. Michelle wasn't there and I already bet he sent her to her room. Noah sucked his teeth at his father; rolling his eyes in the process still mad about yesterday.

Ethan slowly stood up ordered Noah to his room.

Noah didn't move. That's cause Ethan had a bit bass in his voice. He sounded scary. "Now Noah!" He repeated.

My son's legs started working as he raced upstairs. Ethan watched him go up and once we heard the door to his room shut that's when he turned around to face me "let's go talk in the room" he said making sure to stare at my work clothes.  I was already starting to think what the conversation would be about. I was as confused as Noah was. I followed him to the bedroom and he made sure to close the door and lock it behind him.

"What's going on Ethan-

"Shut up!"

"Shut up?"

"You heard me Hazel..where have you been? Huh? Where?" He said now walking over to me like a wild beast. I pressed my hand on his chest to back him up a little bit but he chose to grab my curly locks. I screeched in pain and begged him to let me go "I'm not letting you go until you tell me where you were!" He yelled.