14th ♕

14th

"Namaste. Welcome to our first yoga class, Princess." Jack slightly bowed his head, hands pressed together. The tone of his voice had changed as well. He was slightly whispering, partly mumbling, and altogether calm.

"Namaste." I did the same, my palms touching as I pulled my thumbs closer to my chest. Adjusting my fitted top, I cleared my throat. I could do this. I could be calm while wearing tight leggings and sleeveless shirt. If only I didn't mention it to Lenora that Jack would be teaching me yoga this morning, I might have ended up with a more comfortable pair of clothing.

"First, we will do exercises for lengthening your lower spine. Lie down on your back, Princess," Jack instructed me.

"Okay," I replied.

"Slowly, Princess," Jack told me. "The purpose of this exercise is for relaxation."

Like what I needed. "And endurance."

"And endurance," Jack agreed, reluctantly.

I needed a thick spine and all for everything that was bound to happen from this day on. Starting last Tuesday, my life was going on a rollercoaster. Each turn was gut tormenting. Each stop was earth shaking. Each green light was breath impeding.

And I never liked rollercoaster in the first place. Why waste your energy and freak yourself out by riding one? Trouble was all there was. But it was trouble everyone's fascinated with.

Right.

Back to yoga.

"We will reduce the tension from your back. Close your eyes, feet apart, hands facing upward, and then breathe deeply. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Breathe very deeply. When you exhale, feel your body relax. When you inhale, feel the energy coming in. Exhale, release. Inhale, gain energy."

I'd probably never get over Jack being the yoga guru. From a guy who stood six feet and three inches tall, with defined body contour, was actually part of the royal entourage, and who'd easily knock over someone with a swing of his fist, this was beyond first impression.

I focused on relaxingly breathing. I didn't dare lose one set. It might ruin this whole thing. I never had that much time to spare for yoga, much less give away sleep.

Inhale. Exhale.

Energy. Release.

The soft music coming from Jack's phone was tranquil, and it made my body relax instantly. Up to the next second, wherein I remembered Jack's gift. And the picture.

Yoga. I should go back to yoga.

Inhale. Exhale. Why didn't I try this before?

Well, the obvious reasons were money issues and lack of knowledge about such existence of relaxation procedures. I was now aware why Jack was so calm and composed. I could hear the birds chirping from afar. A soft wind swept across from where we were, i.e. the fourth floor terrace. The sun hadn't came up that fully. I could almost feel its heat on my face, like an awful lot of energy coming at me.

"Feel the floor beneath you. Enjoy the relaxation, joy, and happiness," Jack continued saying.

"Joy and... happiness."

"George?" a voice called out, disrupting my forthcoming relaxed mind and body.

I slowly opened my eyes. "Yeah?"

"Good morning. You're also into yoga, no?" It was Art, of course. He was holding the morning papers in one hand; the other one held a cup of coffee. We should have had avoided the fourth floor, where his room was located. Why didn't I think of the backyard lawn?