𝟏

"I've had a thing for dirty
shoes since I was 10
Love dirty men alike"
-Sza;Broken clocks

1
infatuation.
nov 25 2018

Lola was glad to have made it to class on time today, for the first time in several weeks, because there was a boy sitting in a chair by the wall. He looked like a troublemaker, and Lola tried not to associate herself with people like him. But she was enraptured by him.

As Lola got closer she was able to look at his features better. He was gorgeous with long dirty blonde hair that just reached his shoulders, a black hoodie, and some dirty black and white low-top vans. In some eyes he was an unattractive, a troublemaker, but in Lola's she fell in love instantly with the guy that looked like a total badass.

She assumed he was in trouble and didn't want to stare. But they made eye contact and it felt as though the hall was now electric. The hair on her neck and arms stood on point. And she felt chills everywhere. She could no longer feel the humidity of the sweaty gym building.
Or hear the footsteps of the other students in the hall. She could onl-

"Hey. Do you have any gum?" Lola's friend Allison asked. They stood outside the classroom door.

"Umm." Lola was very flustered. "Yeah, I'll give you some in class." They walked into the classroom and she gave her some gum.

"Did you see the new guy in hall"

"Dallas?"

"Is that his name?" I asked.

"I think so, all I know is he's a part of a bad crowd. Why?"

"Don't worry about it." Lola sighed wishing she had enough confidence to say hello.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The next time Lola saw Dallas, he was getting his blood drawn, at the annual school blood drive. He was drinking lemonade peace tea.

She went to the store that day and bought lemonade peace tea.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The next time Lola saw Dallas was when there was a substitute teacher. Lola had asked the older substitute if she could go to the bathroom. The sub had said yes not really acknowledging who had asked.

When Lola walked out she bump into Dallas. He looked frustrated so Lola apologized.

"I'm sorry." She said not wanting to make eye contact with his angry blue eyes.

"It's okay, it was my fault."

"Why are you so upset?" Lola asked, walking down the steps of the gym.

"I got in some trouble." Lola wanted to push.

"In trouble for what?"

"Skipping. What's your name, where are you going?"

"Lola, and wherever you're going," Lola stated confidently. She was proud of herself for being able to speak to her future husba- friend.